Does anyone have a shield I could use?

MikeHancho64

I have a Fallout 3 mod I'm building and I would very much like to have a shield with 2 swords crossed behind it as a wall decoration and sort of coat of arms. But unfortunately, I am no modeler or texturer, lol. I would have course give full credit to it's author, and it does not have to be elaborate at all. In fact the more simple the better.

Thank you!

Wrong Nexus. This should be on the Fallout three nexus.

Well, there are no shields that I could find that someone made for Fallout 3. However, I know there are many for Oblivion. I was hoping to use someones Oblivion shield (mesh & texture) for my Fallout mod which is why I asked here.

Well, there are no shields that I could find that someone made for Fallout 3. However, I know there are many for Oblivion. I was hoping to use someones Oblivion shield (mesh & texture) for my Fallout mod which is why I asked here.

Doesn't matter, it's still on the wrong Nexus. I'll get the admins to move it.

Doesn't matter, it's still on the wrong Nexus. I'll get the admins to move it.

What does "Reported" mean? You reported me?

Yes, I did. And the admins moved your request to the proper forum. This is not a "reporting you for breaking the rules" sort off thing, more "asking the admins to fix an understandable mistake" report.

And ignore L33. He likes to joke about kieranation, but he's harmless/

Yes, I did. And the admins moved your request to the proper forum. This is not a "reporting you for breaking the rules" sort off thing, more "asking the admins to fix an understandable mistake" report.

And ignore L33. He likes to joke about kieranation, but he's harmless/

I think this has gotten all turned around from what I intended. I am NOT looking for someone to create a custom shield for my Fallout mod. I was simply looking for a shield that was already created for Oblivion that I could simply drop into my mod. (In other words - permission to use it.) Almost any flavor will suffice as it is only going to be placed up on a wall for decorations. That is why I posted in the Oblivion forum. I was basically asking anyone who had created a shield for Oblivion, who would be willing and give me permission to use their Oblivion shield in my FO3 mod. Again, I was NOT trying to ask someone in the Oblivion forum to create something for my FO3 mod, just permission to use what they had made for Oblivion.

Of course, I doubt that anyone who has made a shield for Oblivion will see this now, lol.

Well, I believe its illegal to port Models and Textures from one game to another. So even if an Oblivion modder had a shield that would work for you, you'd still have to make it from scrath for the Fallout 3 Engine.

It is illegal to use the games original retail content for porting, but if a modder made item is used, then that is ok (as long as you have the modders permission of course).

So, using for example:

Iron shield (Vanilla Oblivion content) = illegal

These shields however = legal (with modder's approval)

I know those mod shields aren't really what they'd be looking for, they're just an example case.