Cannot update Oblivion from retail to 1.2.0.416

NegroJim

Hey, can anyone help me out?

I'm trying to patch Oblivion up to the latest version using Bethesda's official patch update from their site, but I keep getting these errors, after which the patch program crashes:

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zn91rc.jpg

I checked my registry and there is indeed an entry for oblivion, and the .bsa files are all there.

I can play the game fine when launched from OBMM or by launching Oblivion.exe directly.

Does anyone know why this is happening / what I can do to fix it?

If any other information is required, let me know.

Use the launcher. If the launcher, click "options" to generate an ini from your system specs, and launch the game from the launcher. If that doesn't work doesn't work, you will need to reinstall the game and refrain from using OBSE until after patched, or any no-CD or illegal cracks of the .exe. If you don't legally own the game, please show yourself out and save me the trouble. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
The exact samee thing happened to me I couldnt update so I reinstalled Oblivion but it gave me the screen that appeared like yours So then what happened was I reinstalled it again but it still wouldnt update it just gave me the same screen...I legally own the game. One thing though I had been using OBSE and then when I tried to update it it didnt update so I reinstalled but then it still said that! Plz hlp me I wanna be able to use my obse mods again... do you know how to fix this? Thx :wallbash:

The same or similar problem will happen if you try to patch either (a) Oblivion only with the SI patch, (b) Oblivion + SI with the Oblivion Only patch, or © the Oblivion Only US version with the UK patch or vice versa.

If you are running JUST Oblivion, work out whether it is the UK or US edition, and download the CORRECT patch (they ARE different).

If you are running SI, install Oblivion, THEN SI, THEN the "Oblivion WITH SI" patch, NOT the "Oblivion" patch. The SI patch works with both UK and US versions.

If you run a no-CD crack, or even a CD emulator, you may have problems.

Simples, no?

http://greengayle.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/simples.jpg

Edited by MarkInMKUK