Morrigan shows no more love?

acem90

Hey guys!

Just finished the game, with Morrigan as love interest. Damn she's a great woman :) Naturally, i choose the Dark side and i apparently have some sort of dragon child now. Anyway, after the ending, i wanted to do some DLC, so i pressed resume, went into camp. Talked to Alistair, and his approval was still at 85 where i left it. Same for Oghren. So i figured, i could go have a nice chat with morrigan too.

I go up to here, want to discuss some stuff personal, and the only options i get are

1. Why are you still here?

2. Never mind.

WTF? So i check the character screen, and under Morrigan it says 100+, Friendly. She doesn't love me anymore, apparently...

Did anyone else have this? Is this a bug?

Yeah but she also leaves you 'forever', and yet, when clicking resume, there she is!

Oh well, i just reloaded a savegame before travelling to Redcliffe, all's good now :) Little question though; is it possible to start a new game while maintaining your previous character, like in Mass Effect? You could choose New Game and opt to play with a previous character and all his equipment.

• 3 months later...
No, I don't believe you can start a new DAO game with your previous character and all equipment. However, you can take your Warden forward to Awakenings though, and will have most of your equipment. But in my humble opinion, the game isn't worth it.

Just for people to know Morrigan does in the end love you as she would stated you during the final battle as 'her love'. The comic from the BW blog of the lost cut scene shows that she really didn't want to do the ritual in the first place and was only there as a last resort.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=177892&st=110 (Go page 10 for the link to Morrigan's speech)

Your romance will continue in DA2 and since Morrigan didn't die in all play thoughts, chances are that she will return as a major character in DA2 and her personal quest deals with Flemeth once again (confirmed to return in DA2) and you will continue your romance with her or have a new romance.

Also.... for the record.... dont try to give her gifts after she starts giving you the silent treatment. The cutscene for it, won't play. Or at least, not up until the game is OVER. After you kill the archdemon, go thru the ceremony (either by dying or being victorious) and go back to camp, you're giving her the giftt. And its in the ending savegame, so there's no way to avoid it. :verymad:

Edit- Its on page 9 of that thread, on my screen. The link to the movie I mean. post #84

So it is! It been long time since we last discussed it.

Edit: If you want to have Morrigan's regret on the epilogue, talk to her before ascending the final level in the tower and that improves the chances of triggering the event.

So it is! It been long time since we last discussed it.

Edit: If you want to have Morrigan's regret on the epilogue, talk to her before ascending the final level in the tower and that improves the chances of triggering the event.

Indeed it has. Damn that was a freaking great conversation while it lasted!

• 3 weeks later...
Note There are bugs with Morrigan (and the whole landsmeet to end) if you choose the sad ending. There is a mod that fixes several these things here. It works with all other mods except Alistair's dialog fix.