A Thread You Don't See Every Day on a MOD Forum.

SaijaRii

EDIT: I took like 20 minutes to write this... :ermm:

I don't use any mods that increase my damage, stat cap, etc. so while I do have vanilla modded up, combat is not, so we will call it vanilla. I have reached a point where I can't scratch many vanilla mobs, and they can kill me in a few hits if I let my guard down... meaning try and hit them... once I hit them, and there is no recoil, I cant block in time. Once they hit my shield I am sent back and often cant get the shield back up. The reason I am able to do high level dungeons now is because Viconia two shots everything. Just a few levels ago I was a God. What am I doing wrong?

NOTE: I used S.P.A.M. to level.

Anyways, some figures:

LVL: 47

HP: 519

MG: 350 (250 base)

FAT: 462 (412 base)

STR: 112-124 (100 base)

INT: 100

WP: 100

SPD: 100

AGI: 100

END: 100

PER: 100

LCK: 62

Armor: 85

Resist Mag: 90%

Spell Reflect: 35%

Major Skills:

Athletics: 75

Blade: 100

Block: 100

Destruction: 100

Restoration: 100

Light Armor: 100

Marksman: 62

Minor Skills I use alot:

Illusion: 73

Mysticism: 100

Sneak: 65

Acrobatics: 56

Most Used Weapons:

1.) Rage (Madness Long Sword) - 30 raw damage and weighs 50 feathers. Enchantments: 10 Fire 1 sec. 70% weakness to fire 3 seconds. (150 uses)

2.) Wrath (Amber Short Sword) - 30 raw damage and weighs 50 feathers. Enchantments: 10 Thunder 1 sec. 70% weakness to thunder 3 seconds. (150 uses)

3.) Quicksand (Apophis Bow) - 17 raw damage and weighs 22 feathers. Enchantments: Drain Speed 60 pts. 5 seconds.

....a.) Apophis Arrows - 11 raw damage and weighs 0.3 feathers.

Armor in Detail:

Its called Drow Assassin Armor, it weighs nothing as it is light armor and I am maxed in light armor:

1.) Helm: 9 armor - +50 mg points.

2.) Amulet: 0 armor - +50 mg points.

3.) Chest: 20 armor - Resist mg 20%

4.) Gauntlets: 8 armor - +12 str.

5.) Greaves: 13 armor - Resist mg 20%

6.) Boots: 9 armor - 125 feather

7.) Ring: 0 armor - 35% spell reflection, resist mg 50%

8.) Ring: Alternates between different bonuses, such as detect life, etc. When I dont need those it is a second +12 str. I wear it simply to roleplay its supposed to be a gift (All the rings share same name).

Spells Related to Combat I Use VERY Often:

1.) Strongest buyable healing spells. (Cost very little mp)

2.) 80 fire 1 sec on touch. (Cost very little mp)

3.) 80 thunder 1 sec on touch. (Cost very little mp)

4.) Invisibility for sneaking past, or getting to a squishy before letting mobs know I am there.

Anyways I rely on Block over dodging as I can't dodge effectively, for some reason it seems to fire less often when I am in combat. Blocking has gone from the life saver to the death delayer. I stumble alot now when blocking, even when its not a direct hit, I am assuming its their superior agility.

I fight in their faces, knocking them back and back, try to knock out weapons, front stab. I've learned how to reserve my fatigue I don't generally run out despite my weapons weight. Every few hits I use a damage spell. This stuff no longer puts a dent in anything but vampires and liches. Playable races are easy to fight.

Depending on what I am fighting I can take between 1 and 4 good melee hits. Mages can't do poo and enchanted weapons that deal spell damage don't do poo, however, I cant scratch them. Shields are a female dog.

This is getting rediculous that I now have to rely on Viconia to kill everything (She uses same weapons and similar armor), and just try to stay alive. I am assuming that they've outleveled me stat wise when more and more of my abilities became maxed, STR, END, INT, and WP, maxed in the thirties. That means I have had at least seven levels in which those stats havn't been able to increase but mobs have. However, people got through this before there were mods and I need help. If in your opinion there is nothing for me to do but download a mod that lets me to increase my stats and have them do more then just increase my weight limit or whatever, then say so and please recommend what you use if you do.

As far as I know, in Vanilla, if I increase my strength through buffs, to say 180, all that does is increase how much I can carry and that increasing a skill, don't do poo.

It sounds like you are using this mod: Simbacca Player Advancement Method

That means you are not playing vanilla Oblivion. (What about Viconia? She is from a mod.) It might be that your leveling mod has painted you into a corner and ruined your savegames. Things might not regain balance again on their own. I suggest that you find or make some new weapons that are powerful enough to make the game balanced again. You will still want the game to be fair and challenging, so you might have to try several times and make your new weapons stronger or weaker. And if things went out of balance again after that, you might have to get even better weapons. But it could be worth it if you really like that character and don't wish to start a new one.

It sounds like you are using this mod: Simbacca Player Advancement Method

That means you are not playing vanilla Oblivion. (What about Viconia? She is from a mod.) It might be that your leveling mod has painted you into a corner and ruined your savegames. Things might not regain balance again on their own. I suggest that you find or make some new weapons that are powerful enough to make the game balanced again. You will still want the game to be fair and challenging, so you might have to try several times and make your new weapons stronger or weaker. And if things went out of balance again after that, you might have to get even better weapons. But it could be worth it if you really like that character and don't wish to start a new one.

What I meant was (And I thought I said so, guess not) that I was defining the combat and stats as vanilla. But you have a good point, the mods themselves still affect the save files and affecting balance, and what you are saying goes in line with what I am experiencing. I will look into downloading new weapons or increasing the amount of soul essence that can be stored in a soul gem to make more powerful vanilla weapons. I also just downloaded Deadly Reflexes (After posting), and it helps aleviate the pain as I can now dodge, and have nice little bonuses if I manage to knock things down. I sent Viconia home and I can now take on what we would take on together, just takes awhile because I do crap for damage and didnt turn crits up to 100% (6 minute miniboss battles).

Thanks for the advice. And maybe I will try your Leviathon Soul Gems. :)

EDIT: Did you see anything wrong with my armor?

Unfortunately, this is how vanilla ends up at high levels. The leveling system seems to have only been tested until level 30 or so.

The problem is not just because everything in the game levels up with you, but really because of how they do it. Some creatures get well over 15 health per level (that's 750 health at level 50) while your weapons end up capping out at around 40-50 damage per hit, plus enchantments, so it can easily take you 20-30 hits to kill something. Leveled creatures also gain extra damage per level, which just makes everything worse.

As to fix your problem, due to how you're using a leveling mod, and have modded equipment, there might not be much you can do. Either try to make use of some different enchants, like reflect damage, or make use of spells which may not cause damage directly, but can give you a momentary edge in combat. Super strength only helps with carry weight as the vanilla damage settings don't use strength too much, instead use bonuses to skill. If you have a star of azura, you can probably put some more potent damage enchantments on your weapons and just use an area-effect soultrap for 10 seconds to recharge. You should plan on only having about 20 hits with any weapon before the enchantment is gone. A 2 second duration on a 50 point damage spell is cheaper than a 1 second 100 point damage spell, and with a slower weapon, you don't lose anything as the spell works between hits. 10-20 point damage effects are only good in 1 second duration enchantments that are on very fast weapons.

If nothing else works, open console and type in player.modav combatbonus 20 this should increase your base damage significantly (just watch out for anything that reflects damage). player.setlevel 30 is also a possible solution.

Edited by Vagrant0

Mod yourself in a weapon to compensate for 20 levels where your damage has not gone up. I recommend modding in a weapon with at least 60-80 pure damage, and then mod in armor, specifically for the enchantments; yours only have single vanilla enchantments. I recommend something like resist melee 15% per piece, which will give you an edge against mundane enemies. Otherwise, rape the world of Tamriel for the 'Necklace of Swords', and 'Ring of the Iron Fist' to add to your damage significantly as well as reduce damage taken.

ON Topic: Your stats and equips are fine, but are more suited, or would seem to be the equips of somebody in their 25-30 level.

Thanks for the advice guys... I am going to look into all of that right now, look for some enchantment mods, and I am sure it will be easy to find some nice swords. :thanks: