Model/Skeleton Modification for vanilla materials

SATMA

In the process of making the Wasteland Melee Mod Pack, I've discovered that Swamp Folk and Super Mutants alike seem unable to wield melee weapons outside of what Bethesda has given them to wield. As it's a defect common to these two species but not shared by humans, I'd deduce that it's not a defect of the weapons so much as the model or skeleton of the races themselves.

So, I would request that someone experienced with working with skeletons and animations make it so that the above races are compatible with a wider variety of weapons. Specifically, it'd be really nice if mutants could use auto-axes, and swamp folk could use rolling pins, knives, pool cues, nail boards, lead pipes, and sledgehammers.

Anyone interested in helping can contact me on MSN at satma08 [at] gmail.com, or Xfire at terzaerian.

Super Mutants and Swamp Folk are creatures, and don't use the standard human skeleton and animations. They also can't jump and some other stuff. So yes, you are right about it haveing nothing to do with the weapon and everything to do with the set of animations available to that particular skeleton.

But adding new animations would deffinatly be possible.

Would this help:

Super Mutant animation modders resource.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6773

I did a search to see if anyone had altered the animations for the mutants already and that resource was in the results.

No idea if it contains the animations you're looking for, but no harm in having a look.

From what I can tell that looks like exactly what he needs.

Just took a look after loading the meshes and checking the save with the "patient zero" auto-axe mutant; he was still flailing his fists, unfortunately. :(

However, depending on how similar mutants are to swamp folk, could it be of use in helping expand their repertoire?

Just took a look after loading the meshes and checking the save with the "patient zero" auto-axe mutant; he was still flailing his fists, unfortunately. :(

However, depending on how similar mutants are to swamp folk, could it be of use in helping expand their repertoire?

I would assume that Swamp Folk use a different skeleton, so it wouldn't help with them, though it is the same process. But I am not 100% sure on the process of putting animations onto a creature. I have only done a little bit of research into it, because I have just started animating, but havn't tried getting anything into Fallout yet.