Mod to turn of blood in death animations?

Talonos2

I have modded other games, but not XCom. Based on past experience, I don't think a mod that would turn off the fountains of gratuitous blood when a unit dies would be hard to implement. As I see it, there are two approaches to take:

1: Find the texture that the blood is drawn from. Replace it with a completely transparent grapic. I know there are ways to edit other textures in the game; it stands to reason it might work for blood, too. I suppose this would only work if there was such a texture. (For all I know, the blood texture is proceedurally generated.)

2: Perhaps "Blood type" is stored on a per-unit basis? Humans bleed red. Sectoids bleed green. Sectopods explode. Floaters explode and bleed green. Is there some flag you can switch on the unit to change blood type? If so, could you just turn it off?

My wife had played and enjoyed this game, but felt squeamish about all the alien blood. We just got Enemy Within, and she did her first exalt mission, where killing any enemy with any weapon (even a pistol) releases torrents of red, human blood. Now she refuses to play with me any longer. :( I'd love a mod to turn off the blood, or a link to something that would let me poke around the graphics files on my own.

Thanks!