Removing my mod changes my level

Rhiana

David: I uploaded the shop mod to rapidshare so you could take a look at it.

Myrmaad: Thanks for the tip. The shop doesn't have any dependencies.

In other news, I have managed to rebuild my game back to the way it was before I installed COBL, thank goodness for backups. It still took me the better part of a day, as my backup was about 6 weeks old. Much better than starting from scratch tho.

I am not reinstalling COBL or the shop, until I can figure out what the conflict is between them. The shop mod must do something to woodelves that I didn't realize I was doing. I can see something in TES4edit, but I have no clue what it means or how to fix it.

Anyone who knows how to work TES4edit better than I, and wants to walk me through fixing it, I'd be grateful.

Myrmaad: Thanks for the tip. The shop doesn't have any dependencies.

But your savegames do. With Wrye Bash you can delete the master dependency from your savegame and not have a crash to desktop afterward.

In fact, you can substitute the dependency for the shop in that savegame to another mod, maybe a repaired shop for example.

But all that aside, What selections are you choosing when you build (and rebuild) your bashed patch?

Remember what Jenrai said, "This could however be caused by COBL's levelling tweaks, installed via the bashed patch."

And if you are using the Bashed Patch, you must rebuild it each time you add or remove a mod to your load. Best to select all mods, click the Mark Mergeable option and then rebuild the patch with the selections you choose.

And if you wouldn't mind can I have a look at your plugin? If you prefer not, then how about comparing it's changes as is done when double checking for a dirty mod edit, simply by using the CS, (selecting a mod and making it active and then clicking the details button.) A very quick way to see what changes it makes.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/th_example-1.jpg

(For a related discussion, see "how to clean a dirty mod")

To examine and clean your savedgame, there is no better tool than Wrye Bash as you can list the plugins that were active during that save (making them all master files/dependencies of that saved game file), you can use Wrye Bash to delete or change those dependencies in a savedgame, you can examine all the changes and statistics that were active during that savedgame, and you can update the NPC levels of a saved game to match the Currently Active mods.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/th_wryebash.jpg

Just a few of the things that Wrye Bash can do.

Edited by myrmaad

Thanks for all the knowledge. I already went and rebuilt my whole game, but ill keep what you said in mind for the next time. And for me at least, there is always a next time. I love wrye bash, but I am sure it does way way more than what I know how to do with it. =)

My main issue now is I really want both COBL and my mod, but there is something there that isn't working well together. I don't understand enough about dirty mods yet to fix this.

I would be more than fine at you looking at the mod if you don't mind. I put it up at rapid share, I can message you with the link, if thats ok.

thx

Thanks for all the knowledge. I already went and rebuilt my whole game, but ill keep what you said in mind for the next time. And for me at least, there is always a next time. I love wrye bash, but I am sure it does way way more than what I know how to do with it. =)

My main issue now is I really want both COBL and my mod, but there is something there that isn't working well together. I don't understand enough about dirty mods yet to fix this.

I would be more than fine at you looking at the mod if you don't mind. I put it up at rapid share, I can message you with the link, if thats ok.

thx

I don't have much time, but try this, (First make sure you make a backup copy of your mod):

load your mod, and make it (and Oblivion.esm) active in the CS as usual.

Then click on details. The File Details window will open as in the picture (and you can click on the Type Column in the File Details window to sort all the entries by type, it just makes it easier to look at everything if they're in a good order.)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/th_75397960.jpg

Find the Race entry, the only one is your Wood Elf.

Select it and click your Delete key and a message will pop up as in the picture below, clicking okay will place an ignore flag on that entry.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/th_1ec6cf47.jpg

Test your mod. I'm sorry I don't have more time at this moment to investigate.

I suspect this will change your level to 6, but if it does there's another fix for that.

Edited by myrmaad