Your Favorite City In Morrowind  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favorite City In Morrowind

• Ald-ruhn
    • Balmora
    • Mournhold
    • Sadrith Mora
    • Vivec

Id have to say vivec. You find decent stuff in the sewers and I always rob the redoran treasury, it usually the first thing i do. You get the key from dralor manor in the first room to the left, in the dresser there is the key to the redoran treasury. I sell all my stuff in caldera to the creeper or mr big (A plugin file npc). and get the full set of master alchemy equipment in the caldera mages guild. It was a stretch between caldera and vivec, But i chose vivec

Well from what i remember the creeper doesnt buy weapons or armor but the talking mudcrab buys everything and has 10000 gold

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creeper does buy weapons and armor, he currently has like 6 sets of glass armor and idk how many deadric short blades, blunt weapons, and axes. The only stuff creeper doesn't buy that I know of are books and ingredients. Where is the talking mudcrab btw?

• 1 month later...
I new Balmora like the back of my hand, I also did several fan-art drawings of it.

• 2 months later...

I always play with Morrowind Comes Alive, and I just love stealth hunting the Paladins and their shiny pretty suits of armor as they travel around Vivec.

That's exactly how I feel about Balmora :D

I can't vote on just one. I tried, but I like different cities for different reasons:

Balmora: centralized location to Ascadian Isles, West Gash and Bitter Coast - also, the merchant I patronize most, Clagius Clanler is there. He sells a lot of useful stuff (with Morrowind Crafting).

Ald-ruhn: I'm a Redoran junkie and it's just an excellent quest hub in general for the types of characters I like to play. Also, good hub for Ashlands/Red Mountain exploration/hunting/questing and close proximity to West Gash region.

Vivec: Lots of nooks to explore; every door is a potential mini-dungeon because sometimes nasty surprises lurk in the shadows. Also, water all around it - pretty views.

Sadrith Mora: only for the water views and pearl diving and ingredient gathering near there and in between SM and Tel Fyr. A few useful merchants for Telvanni characters.

Gnisis - Frontier town - West Gash region has a wild beauty to it that's fun to explore - love the shape of the rocks over the water - looks like the rocks have eroded into weird shapes over time. I thought that was clever...just a good area to explore in general. And for all of Gnisis being a frontier-like town, it offers quite a few services, more than one would normally expect from a frontier type place.

Last, but certainly not least...Caldera - what's not to like about this city? Trainers, services, lots of potential for roleplaying and ingredient gathering in sight of the city. You'd be surprised at how many ingredients are packed in the area from right outside the north entrance to Balmora heading north to the crossroads where the naked Nord stands. Just a great area for alchemists/hunters, etc. in general. I always enjoy doing that.

Edited by Denina

Sadrith Mora, only because those gateways and fun quests are fun. even though i am a Redoran boy.

Extra: Favorite Stopby City:

Pelagiad. Because all of the mods that is weapons and armor related is in there.

For me Vivec is my favorite city. After my first character acquired Saren Manor she made it her headquarters. It is a great house with three levels, plenty of storage, near all fast travel, has the advantage of a great city to explore and is fairly easy for a low level character to acquire. All of my characters have made Vivec their home base.