In-game character creation

Bungholes

I have a problem-when I try to make a new character, the flickering and darkness of the screen makes it lag horribly and hard to see. I was wondering if it is possible to solve this problem.

I think the OP is referring to the difficulty of creating your good-looking character while using the ingame interface, because it's cloudy, you can't see your whole head and the lighting is very bad which is made even worse by the flickering and dimming.

You put in all that time and effort, then an hour later when you finally get your adult character into a well-lit area and CRAP! THAT DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE I THOUGHT IT DID !!! Start over.

Am I right?

What I do, is use the GECK to create a face and then set that face as an ingame preset. Then at the creation screen just pick the face you made in GECK. The GECK face creator has a lot more details and options than the ingame menu and most importantly it's well-lit and you can actually see what you are doing.

I think the OP is referring to the difficulty of creating your good-looking character while using the ingame interface, because it's cloudy, you can't see your whole head and the lighting is very bad which is made even worse by the flickering and dimming.

You put in all that time and effort, then an hour later when you finally get your adult character into a well-lit area and CRAP! THAT DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE I THOUGHT IT DID !!! Start over.

agree! no matter how great the game visuals are... to create a "good" looking character is a pain in the ass (counts for oblivion too) :rolleyes: + the character creation interface in f3 is just disadvantageous