Revealing map location

GodlessCommie

Hi

I've been making a little camp in G.E.C.K and I've added a map marker which currently just appears in your pip-boy when the mod is loaded. I'd like to change it so it's reveal once you read a note found elsewhere in the wasteland, not as part of a quest but just as something you find.

I've found ShowMap on the construction Kit wiki and a couple of old thread on here about using holotapes as quest items but (and this is probably just me) I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this and the scripting and putting it all together.

Is there a way to have this happen on it own or should I construct a short quest for just this to happen in?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yossarian22's script would most likely reveal the mapmarker when the note is found, but it would not prevent the map marker from showing up in the PipBoy immediately if you have set its marker data to visible. If that has not been done then it should not show up until the player has gotten close enough to "discover" it in game. I think that discoverable is the default setting for map markers.

If you want to prevent a player from stumbling onto the mapmarker and your camp without finding the note, then you could set the marker to initially disabled, and make it an enable parent for all of the objects in your camp. Then your camp would not exist until the note was found.

"They're trying to kill me."

"They're trying to kill everybody, Yossarian."

"What difference does that make?"