Mods with Linux and WINE

theuseless

I'm sick of using windows software. I plan on upgrading to Linux on my pc. I have seen a plethora of videos on youtube of people playing Oblivion and Fallout 3 with WINE. My questions are:

1: Does anybody here play Oblivion or Fallout 3 with wine in Linux

2: If so, what version of Linux do you use ? (I'm steering towards Ubuntu)

3: Can I still play/ make mods?

Is it better for me to run wine or would I be better off with a second hard drive, then unplug one and run the other? I still have my original XP disk, so I could even possibly partition?

Any advice is welcome,

theuseless

To help clarify: (this isn't a bump)

Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) is a program developed for Linux, freeBPD, macOS, etc. It is a program which allows windows based software to be run on other platforms.

I have seen on youtube (link) video of people playing Oblivion with this program with good results. Some people claim to be getting better fps with Wine on Linux than on windows!

After research, I found that wine tricks the game into thinking it was installed into the default C:/Program Files directory.

I still wish to know if anybody here uses such a method to play Bethesda games. The screenshots on youtube are always a little less than optimal and I'm wondering if this is directly related to Wine or if it is more likely they have hardware issues.