Incorporating M:TG Mana and Areas

braidedsin

Hah, to try it myself is laughable.. >.< Incorporating area based mana regeneration. For instance:

Of the 5 or so types of mana, including schools pertaining to each, only one meter recharges while the player is in that area. So if a black mana user needs to recharge their mana they need to be in either dark places or darkly themed places. Of course to balance the gameplay the amount of total mana would be considerably large. The division of the schools can be found at the M:tG wiki. As for the acquisition of the spells themselves... Well a long shot, and one I recently suggested: A type of point based system, where the player acquires icons or something and can trade in so many for certain spells. All of it sounds impossible, if not extremely close, but it would be cool ^.^

Altering how much magicka the player regains depending on wich kind of ground (or water) he is in is possible, but to make it all have some sense you'd need to rework completely all magic schools in oblivion and move a lot of spells from one to another and create tons of new spells, wich involves a lot of scripting. Anyway, with a good plan that's perfectly feasible and it would be something completely new.

yeah after thinking about it I realized that it would be a completely different system altogether. Oh well, if ever I developed enough skill I could try to make something remotely close to it... Say sacrifice everything except when and where to regenerate magick? Even that's beyond me at this time rofl

edit: *way, way, way beyond me at this time rofl.