Another noob whose mods cause CTD's

pizzapicante27

From personal experience, Immersive Creatures gave me nothing but nightmares from the moment I installed it. But thats just me personally and I can not speak for anyone else. I just say that because your CTD was exactly what was happening to me when I was running it.

There should be options in LOOT to display as much information about a load order (something as simple as indicating whether the plugin is currently 'active' or has been unchecked) as BOSS. If there isn't, it needs to be added. Since the last LOOT log you posted does not indicate if any plugins you have contain 'dirty edits' (other than just one that says the 'dirty edits' are 'intentional'), there really isn't much to go on. Did you set up the memory patch correctly? There are also other alternatives such as SSME and SKSE 1.7 alpha, all of which will resolve the 'indefinitely load screen' (which is what 'Safety Load' does) and more. You can try switching to one of them, just make sure you use only one of those options and cleanly uninstall any others.

Um, why would it indicate dirty plugins? Ive already cleaned them and it does show active or inactive, but it does so with colors instead of the BOSS mesage (all of the ones in my report are active BTW).

Im always using the SKSE 1.7 alpha thats why Im confused about the loading screens, only way for them not to get stuck is with the Safety Load,..I could try to download the older SKSE and SSME and try it...you think that could work?

but it does so with colors instead of the BOSS mesage (all of the ones in my report are active BTW).

Ok, well, can you copy/paste along with the formatting then (so the colour codes show up here)? It would really help to know which plugins are active (unless every single one is active). The older SKSE versions do not have the memory patch feature. If you have enabled the memory fix in SKSE 1.7's skse.ini (you did, right?), you don't need SSME or 'Safety Load' or Sheson's memory patch (which is integrated into SKSE 1.7).

Can you reproduce the 'stuck at loading screen' ILS problem? If so, start disabling groups of plugins in your load order so you can test to see which one, when disabled, allows you to get past the loading screen. Start with groups of 5, from the bottom of your load order, then work your way up.

Edited by ripple

Yeah they are all active.

WOOT? I have to enable it? Dammit I thought it was automatically enabled, how do I enable it? Is it like the ClearInvalidRegistrations in the SKSE.ini or something like that?

I googled that I have to put something along the lines of:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= 512
ScrapHeapSizeMB= 256

in my SKSE.ini file, is this correct?

Also a somehow out of place question, would you happen to know if your Inconsequential NPC's mod is compatible with Solitude Capital Edition, Ive been prowling the forums of your mod but I cant find a concrete answer, if you dont, thanks for all the help up until now anyways its really REAAALLY useful stuff.

Edited by pizzapicante27

That wasnt it, still stuck in the loading screens even without Immersive creatures.

BTW what do you use intead of Immersive Creatures, Monster mod? or just Vanilla?

Theres a certain way you have to disable certain MoDs otherwise it could leave running scripts that will cause you to CTD. Also when installing MoDs some of them have a bunch of options and if you choose just 1 wrong you will CTD. For example a MoD might have an option for another MoD lets say "FrostFall" if you click on it an dont have that MoD you will CTD, SKYRE has a ton of those options where you can easily click the wrong one or none and have issues.

I Did I.C for about a week maybe but I just started noticing weird crashes in certain spots and before or after fighting the mobs. I think at 1 point before disabling it I was up to 13 crashes that day. I tried Skytest Realistic Animals, but I noticed that MoD gave me a lot of skating mobs and mobs in the "T" position, so I got rid of that and just went back to the Vanilla mobs sadly.

That wasnt it, still stuck in the loading screens even without Immersive creatures.

BTW what do you use intead of Immersive Creatures, Monster mod? or just Vanilla?

Theres a certain way you have to disable certain MoDs otherwise it could leave running scripts that will cause you to CTD.

It actually doesn't matter, since he is only testing to see which mod might be preventing him from loading up a save game. It also won't cause CTDs at the logo screen if he starts from the bottom up, because it will not trigger plugins with 'missing masters' (as they would be disabled before the masters).

@pizza

I don't know. I am not familiar with that mod (there are many 'city overhaul' type mods. You'll have to check in TES5Edit and see if there are any conflicts. If you don't have issues seeing the Town Crier, then it's probably ok.

Theres a certain way you have to disable certain MoDs otherwise it could leave running scripts that will cause you to CTD.

It actually doesn't matter, since he is only testing to see which mod might be preventing him from loading up a save game. It also won't cause CTDs at the logo screen if he starts from the bottom up, because it will not trigger plugins with 'missing masters' (as they would be disabled before the masters).

@pizza

I don't know. I am not familiar with that mod (there are many 'city overhaul' type mods. You'll have to check in TES5Edit and see if there are any conflicts. If you don't have issues seeing the Town Crier, then it's probably ok.

Ahh, well I wasn't sure how he was going about testing it or if he had started. I was going off of his ingame crashing within 20-40mins issue and not the ILS issue.

They said ILS only started when they disabled the Saftey Load Plugin which i never saw =/

This is the Vanilla version

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= 512
ScrapHeapSizeMB= 256
SKSE 1.7 (beta version) Should be this
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= 768
ScrapHeapSizeMB= 256
Edited by darklogrus