Modders may know...

maxrsp

Hello All,

Yes, I know this is a modding forum, and no I didn't post here by mistake... I'm hoping you folks who get under the covers to mod this game might be able to help with my problem since nobody else could in my other forum posts:

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any suggestions or feedback (beyond "go back to earlier savegame") that would help me be able to reset the "Take it Back" (00014e91) quest so I can complete the main quest and therefore play Broken Steel.

I originally completed the game but reloaded a previous savepoint before playing the DLCs. Having completed the Anchorage and Pitt missions, I now want to play Broken Steel.

I won't bore you with the long explaination of why I did a ResetQuest on Take it Back, but I did, and the result is I now have Liberty Prime remaining in its previous location (prior to reset) at the Jefferson Memorial but all other relevent NPCs are back at the Citadel Lab. I can speak to them but they won't reactivate the quest...

I also tried entering the GECK function StartQuest into the console; it didn't kick back an error message but it didn't work in reactivating the quest either.

Is there some other script or command I can use to truly restart Take it Back???

As an aside, I can get all the way back to the console inside the Rhotunda but I can't re-enter the 216 code because it says the console has no power...

Thanks a million!

You can try using /SAQ in the command console. it stands for "start all quest" which means every possible quest will activate..but that might ruin your enjoyment in looking for further quest so i'd try this from a copied save file just incase.

Also.. if your impatience has grown thin, you can look up the entrance to the broken steel maps and zone there using the /COC command. it's a way to try bypassing the game but it'll probally glitch the hell out of you. That's all i have.

BadPenney: Thanks but it was ResetQuest that got me into this mess in the first place... I don't know how it works on other quests but definately doesn't reset "Take It Back"... I tried several times.

Uncle Roe: Thanks very much for your advice, SAQ had interesting results... at first it kept launching me automatically into the Operation Anchorage briefing tent with the General and I would explode within seconds. I finally relaunched the game with all the DLC datafiles turned off except Broken Steel but then SAQ didn't do anything (and all main story quests remained completed). I then saved and relaunched turning the other datafiles back on and sure enough all four of the other DLC starting quests came up... except "Death From Above" from Broken Steel.

I also tried to force start "Death From Above" using StartQuest 03000802 but that didn't work either. Without the quest becoming active I can't COC to the new map markers.

I also tried to force complete "Take It Back" using GetQuestCompleted 00014e91. I got the quest complete message on-screen but nothing else happened and the quest remained active in my Pipboy.

It seems I can neither reset or complete "Take It Back"... there must be some damn way to make this work but its just beyond my fingertips...

Automatic Karma increase for anyone who can assist... ;)

ResetQuest resets a quest's stages, objectives and variables, and not much else. It doesn't reverse any "damage" done, or reset any "Say Once" dialogue flags, so it's really not an effective way of resetting a quest. To tell the truth, you'd be more successful trying to use the console to progress the quest to the correct stage, probably via SetStage. If you have a look at the quest in the GECK you should be able to figure out which stages need to be progressed through in this manner.

Cipscis

Cipscis you are my HERO!!!!!!

I did a ResetQuest followed by a series of SetStage commands to re-walkthrough the quest... by the time I reached stage 42 I was back in the Rotunda with Sara and redoing the final scene. Once the cutscenes were done I was two weeks later in the Citadel starting Broken Steel. Sweet!!!

Thanks a million!