can't re-install oblivion

yonidon

• 2 weeks later...

Try going deleting The oblivion registry files because they will be making the computer think it's still installed.

I had the same problem eaaaasssyyy solution.

OK go to Start>Run>Regedit then it'll open up the registry

now make sure that the my computer is highlighted at the top to make sure it's searching all the registry.

now press CTRL-F and it will come up with a search window then type in the search box oblivion then enter go all the way through it deleting all the oblivion registry's after deleted one just repeat the Ctrl-F and enter till there all gone. Now restart the computer then it should work :thumbsup: good luck!

ALSO WARNING!!:

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT MESS AROUND IN REGEDIT DELETING STUFF OTHERWISE YOUR WINDOWS PROGRAM WILL BE NAFFED RESULTING IN THE LONG BORING PROCESS OF REINSTALLING YOUR VERSION OF WINDOWS!!!

Try going deleting The oblivion registry files because they will be making the computer think it's still installed.

I had the same problem eaaaasssyyy solution.

OK go to Start>Run>Regedit then it'll open up the registry

now make sure that the my computer is highlighted at the top to make sure it's searching all the registry.

now press CTRL-F and it will come up with a search window then type in the search box oblivion then enter go all the way through it deleting all the oblivion registry's after deleted one just repeat the Ctrl-F and enter till there all gone. Now restart the computer then it should work :thumbsup: good luck!

ALSO WARNING!!:

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT MESS AROUND IN REGEDIT DELETING STUFF OTHERWISE YOUR WINDOWS PROGRAM WILL BE NAFFED RESULTING IN THE LONG BORING PROCESS OF REINSTALLING YOUR VERSION OF WINDOWS!!!

For repeat searches just use F3.

Or get CCC (used to be called cr*p cleaner but they decided they had to be more PC) to do it for you. It costs naff all and ideally, after every install/uninstall/monster downloading or defragging sesh you really should be cleaning your registry. No. 1 cause of broken computers/slow downs is a cluttered/broken registry. BUT MAKE SURE ITS THE RIGHT PROGRAM. Don't download one of these stupid bloody pop-upski registry cleaners. They're virus & malware timebombs.

"Your computer needs a scan" Yeah, it might do. But not off something that has to use a pop up with no close button to get any kind of attention whatsoever. That just screams "malware"...

Oh, and just so you know, there's a reason most programs come with an uninstall command... failing that, there's a reason windows has that wonderful little control panel option called "add/remove programs" ... ;)

Jenrai

Unless you know what you are doing, directly editing the Windows Registry can make your computer unbootable or cause other problems.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Your problem is covered in it.

@Jenrai, The CCC is not a registry cleaner, but is used to remove the garbage programs that come packaged with new computers. I think What you are referring to is CCleaner, a registry cleaner that grew out of the original CCC, and is highly recommended. The link to download it is in my uninstall/reinstall procedure, along with how to use it properly.

Bben, aye, that would be the one. Sorry if I caused any confusion. I'm a long time user of the program. Waaaaay back before Oblivion or my interest in modding in general. I like remembering the good old days. ;)

Jenrai