Irliteth is naked (immersive armors, requiem, and stuff)

ArtMurder

So, ireliteh, or however you spell it, the dark elf who guard the jarl in dragonsreach in whiterun, is naked. She has weapons, but no armor on. I've tried updating Immersive armors, the IA NPC patch, IA requiem patch, but nothing seems to fix it. it's really quite annoying. I've tried disabling her and re-enabling her, and other various things. Do I have to restart my character to fix this glitch? I can't tell what type of armor she has on, because killing her doesn't kill her, just knocks her down to her knees.

I honestly am at a total loss as to what is causing this if not immersive armors. My load order is WAY to finicky to try the "disable everything till something works" especially sense it seems that the item is just not in her inventory, so that even if I hit the right mods are I wouldn't be able to tell...

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  RaceCompatibility.esm
06  daymoyl.esm
07  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
08  ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
09  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.3a]
0A  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.1a]
0B  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.0a]
0C  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
0D  _001_StashSacks.esp
0E  Brows.esp
0F  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
10  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
11  AHZmoreHUD.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
12  Animations.esp
13  TKDodge.esp
14  Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
15  NoEyeAdaptation - Climates of Tamriel.esp
16  Dragonborn HD Ultra.esp
17  chfshPlayerVoicesets.esp
18  SkyUI.esp
19  AdditionalMusicProject.esp
1A  PumpingIron.esp
1B  Beards.esp
1C  Footprints.esp
1D  EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
1E  You Hunger.esp
1F  Requiem.esp
20  ELFX - Exteriors.esp
21  HARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.esp
22  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
23  ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
24  ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
25  Dont_Steal_My_Crops.esp
26  EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp
27  FantasySoundtrackProject.esp
28  Unique Grasses.esp
29  Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
2A  hqsnow.esp
2B  Sit Anywhere.esp
2C  Immersive NPC in the dark.esp
2D  iHUD.esp
2E  JZBai_CrossbowManualReload.esp
2F  No Secunda.esp
30  ImmersiveFP.esp
31  Isharas_HearthfireLogUpdatePatch.esp
32  ImportantInformationOverhaul.esp
33  SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
34  WSCO - OcciFemaleVNL.esp
35  WSCO - OcciMaleVNL.esp
36  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp
37  Locational Damage.esp
38  MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp
39  BFSEffects.esp
3A  No More Glowing Edges.esp
3B  RaceMenu.esp
3C  Requiem - Resources.esp
3D  SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
3E  Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
3F  AOS.esp
40  FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
41  dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
42  dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
43  AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
44  AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp
45  Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof_DG_DR.esp
46  Requiem - Hard Times.esp
47  RealisticWaterTwo.esp
48  AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
49  Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0 non glow.esp
4A  Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
4B  Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
4C  Requiem - CCOR Patch.esp
4D  Book Covers Skyrim.esp
4E  Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
4F  Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
50  REQ - BCS Patch.esp
51  Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp  [Version v6.5.2]
52  Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
53  Requiem - Dragonborn.esp
54  RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
55  RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
56  Requiem - Dragonborn - CCOR Patch.esp
57  Requiem - SIC Patch.esp
58  ELFXEnhancer.esp
59  Rebirth Monster.esp
5A  Requiem - ROTE and Hard Times.esp
5B  Requiem - WAF+Clothing and Clutter Fixes Patch.esp
5C  DigitigradeKhajiit+ArgonianRaptor.esp
5D  AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
5E  SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
5F  Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
60  RealShelter.esp
61  RealisticNights+COT+DB+DG.esp
62  RevampedExteriorFog.esp
63  Requiem - Hard Times - SCRR Patch.esp
64  Requiem - Vanilla Torches.esp
65  Immersive Weapons.esp
66  AOS2_Requiem1.7.3 Patch.esp
67  AOS2_FIO Patch.esp
68  Requiem - FIO Patch.esp
69  Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp  [Version v1]
6A  Requiem - SIC Patch - ARMOR .esp
6B  Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp  [Version v6.5.2]
6C  Requiem - SIC Patch - DLC2.esp
6D  EBT- Dg - Db - SIC.esp
6E  Requiem - SIC CCOR Patch.esp
6F  SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
70  SoS - The Dungeons.esp  [Version 1.23]
71  Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim - Merged - Deep Immersion.esp
72  SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
73  SkyFalls - Distant Waterfall Overhaul.esp
74  Supreme Fog.esp
75  Supreme Storms.esp
76  The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp
77  Thundering Shouts.esp
78  TradeBarter.esp
79  wizDynamicThings.esp
7A  vSCM_SmarterCombatMusic.esp
7B  WetandCold.esp
7C  AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
7D  WetandCold - Holidays.esp
7E  Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
7F  Killable Children.esp
80  Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
81  aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
82  AOS2_WAF Patch.esp
83  Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp
84  Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp
85  Requiem - Immersive Armors - Addon.esp
86  Inconsequential NPCs.esp
87  Cloaks.esp
88  1nivWICCloaks.esp  [Version 2.3]
89  Dead Body Collision.esp
8A  ImmersiveArmorsNPCs.esp
8B  SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
8C  StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
8D  SoS - The Dungeons-PatchCoTHardcore.esp
8E  1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp  [Version 2.3]
8F  Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
90  RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
91  RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
92  Point The Way.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
93  Long lost smelters by Hyralux.esp
94  Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim City Edition - Merged - Deep Immersion.esp
95  Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp
96  DnnUniqueBorderGates.esp
97  fine goods from morrowind.esp
98  Requiem - Populated Towns and Cities Patch.esp
99  REQMOD.esp
9A  SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
9B  SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
9C  Chesko_Frostfall.esp
9D  Requiem - RND - Frostfall AiO Patch.esp
9E  Requiem HT - Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Boose Patch.esp
9F  RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
A0  Morning Fogs.esp
A1  Requiem - HearthFires.esp
A2  Requiem - Trade and Barter.esp
A3  Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
A4  HoldBorderBanners.esp
A5  ClosedBorderGates.esp
A6  Requiem - ClosedBorderGates.esp
A7  SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
A8  Equipping Overhaul.esp
A9  WetandCold - Ashes.esp
AA  WhitePhialReplacer.esp
AB  WSCO - Better NPCs.esp
AC  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.3.3b]
AD  Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp
AE  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
AF  Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp
B0  warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp

IA NPC patch is no longer supported. A few records in IA changed in 7.1 and IA NPC patch has not been updated for a long time so some of it's records no longer conform to IA (it should be uninstalled, unless you want to repair the error records yourself). The error record in the IA NPC patch could cause NPCs to show up naked. Having said that, I am *fairly* certain that it does not alter Irilith's outift. The best way to determine if any of your mods changes Irilith's outfit is to load them all up in TE5Edit 1) check to see what outfit Irilith is wearing (found in her NPC record) and if any mod has edited her and gave her a different outfit, and if not, 2) check that outfit list and see if any mod has edited the outfit assigned to her.

IA NPC patch is no longer supported. A few records in IA changed in 7.1 and IA NPC patch has not been updated for a long time so some of it's records no longer conform to IA (it should be uninstalled, unless you want to repair the error records yourself). The error record in the IA NPC patch could cause NPCs to show up naked. Having said that, I am *fairly* certain that it does not alter Irilith's outift. The best way to determine if any of your mods changes Irilith's outfit is to load them all up in TE5Edit 1) check to see what outfit Irilith is wearing (found in her NPC record) and if any mod has edited her and gave her a different outfit, and if not, 2) check that outfit list and see if any mod has edited the outfit assigned to her.

Hmm, but all the various patches I installed have been updated more recently then IA itself? How do I tell what outfit she is wearing? I'm not particularly skilled at that kind of thing. Also, TES5Edit is not a program I enjoy using, apparently it hates me, as everyone else insists it works great, but it corrupts the hell out of mods I try and edit with it about 1/3rd of the time, so I tend to avoid using it unless I absolutely have to.

also, I had IA 7, and updated to 7.1 hoping it would fix this issue... it did not, so I can confirm this issue existed in both 7 and 7.1. So far I have noticed no other NPCs with this glitch, but I have only been running this test character for about 45 minutes, I have seen at least 5~7 new suits of armor on various NPCs, though a number of them were added by Inconsequential NPCs with the IA enhancement pack.

i would much rather manually fix my the issue then just remove IA for NPCs, as that would throw off my immersion quite a bit to have those armors exist in abundance, but have no one of importance using them.

Are you sure the issue couldn't be cause by failing to update her outfit after updating the mods? As I said, I was using version 7 of IA and the patches for it, I updated it and all the patches hoping it would fix it, reload a save before she was ever loaded, disabled and renabled her, I can't think of anything else I could do, but I suppose it's possible that is cuaisng the issue

Also, I remember an issue existing in one of the old versions of one of the patches that made one of the armors sets equip nothing on the NPC, like what I am experiencing.

You have to check the dates of the file uploads to see whether a mod has been updated or not. A mod author may update the file description or some other attributes of their upload and sometime users will mistake that as an update to the mod.

When you say 'IA NPC patch', I assume you meant one of these?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21163/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27679/?

These are the only two IA NPC distribution 'patches' I know, and neither of them have been updated since August and December of 2012. That's a...very long time ago. IA 7+ now distributes armour to NPCs via script (which can be toggled in MCM), so those NPC distribution patches are not needed and no one has made any IA NPC distribution patches since (as far as I know).

Yeah, trust me I know to check the upload fate of the file itself, not the dates on the description page. XP

And no, those are not the patches I am using. I am using the ones designed for requiem, because, at least to my knowledge, those patches do not work with requiem, being that they edit NPCs directly, which would conflict with requiem which touches every NPC in the game. I am using the ones specifically designed for Requiem.

I am using this patch, plus the additional option it has to add IA and IW items to NPCs.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42538/?

both files were last updated april 29th, 2014, quite some time after the 7.1 release of IA

Though, that makes me think, I will double check and make sure the patch you are talking about hasn't worked it's way into my load order by accident, I am 90% certain it has not. if it has, that is likely the issue, I will remove it right away.

EDIT; WOW, it seems that the mod you linked to DID end up in my load order and I had no clue it was there. I wonder how that happened... Let's see if that checks out. I also noticed that immersive weapons released another updated I didn't realize, which explains an invisible bow I found, being that I am using the newest requiem patch.

Pretty sure that is what is causing this issue. I feel so silly now.

EDIT2; Now this is odd, removing that esp makes my game freeze on the main menu screen... I can think of no reason that should be happening, nothing has it as a master, I rebuilt my bashed patch... >.< Nothing lower then it in my load order even has anything to do with immersive armors.

Edited by ArtMurder

Okay, I can't figure this out. Removing the esp for the outdated immersive armors for NPC's mod makes my game stall on the main menu screen. it shows the skyrim logo, but doesn't play the music, and doesn't pull up the "load/new game/etc" options. It doesn't CTD, and my task manager says skyrim is still running, not frozen. Nothing lists it as a master, I have rebuilt my bashed patch, I can not track down what is causing this. Re-enabling it makes it launch normally.... It's just baffling.

I would get if it wigged out on me loading a save, but that's not what it's doing. I've honestly never had this happen before, I've gotten plenty of CTDs on launch, and gotten freezes on loads, but this is just baffling, especially considering this mod is basically just a patch to an existing mod that isn't even there, it's totally baffling that removing it would break my game more then having it in.... I can't just continue with it enable either. x_x

Okay, I can't figure this out. Removing the esp for the outdated immersive armors for NPC's mod makes my game stall on the main menu screen. it shows the skyrim logo, but doesn't play the music, and doesn't pull up the "load/new game/etc" options. It doesn't CTD, and my task manager says skyrim is still running, not frozen. Nothing lists it as a master, I have rebuilt my bashed patch, I can not track down what is causing this. Re-enabling it makes it launch normally.... It's just baffling.

Not sure. Theoretically, you could have another mod that is dependent on the IA NPC distribution patch (one that is manually made, not dynamically generated like the Bashed Patch), but then if you try to load it up, it would cause your game to CTD at the load screen, not just give you an 'indefinite load screen'/ILS. Try loading all of your plugins in TES5Edit and see if you get any error messages.

I do sometimes use TES5Edit to make manual patches, but I am pretty sure i have not made one for anything involving weapons/armor do to the finickiness of requiem. I ran tes5edit with all mods selected accept the IA patch in question, and it gave no errors.

I'm gunna try and disable immersive armors related mods/patches see if I can get any response, but seeing as I updated every single one of them just yesterday i don't see how they could be causing the issue... I've skimmed through every one of my mods and can't find anything that should be reliant on that patch. And as has been mentioned, if it was a dependency thing, it would be a CTD, and it's not.

One thing: Irileth is a persistent NPC, so her outfit will not refresh once she has 'spawned' for the first time. In order to test and refresh her outfit when you are trying to figure out which mod might be responsible for her 'naturalist tendencies', you will need to use console to refresh her outfit and inventory ('ResetInventory'). You can also skip all this if you have a save game from before you entered Dragonreach for the first time (since that is when she will 'spawn' for the first time).

I do have a save file right before I enter for the first time... until I can gt my game to launch again though I can't really test it anymore though. The resetinventory command will be handy to know though, thanks!

I have tracked down the issue, the esp Requiem - Immersive Armors - Addon.esp from this mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42538/?

seems to be causing it somehow? removing it makes my game run normally... it does not mention or require that mod in any way, it's quite confusing...

EDIT; Okay WOW, so she's still naked even with the above ESP disabled and the other IA patch, so apparently it has nothing to do with the IA for NPCs mods... I tried the reset inventory thing, I loaded a save before ever entering dragonsreach, I tried disabling and enabling her, nothing worked.

Edited by ArtMurder