Please can someone upload the original/default weapon meshes texture a

guesswho98

A few days ago my friend got me to download the ahztek weapon replacers and not offense to him there really good looking but i hate them and i delete the ahzek texture meshes and sound files uncheck the esp. but then all my weapons are invisible which tells me i am missing the textures etc. i really dont want to have to reinstall my game so please someone help me. :wallbash:

You probally deleted your mesh and texture folders which was a bad idea. What you should have did was delete the aztek files within the mesh/texture folders.this way you don't delete fallout 3 data in the mix. it's not a rare mistake among new mod users..though i don't have any idea how to fix it without reinstalling.

You probally deleted your mesh and texture folders which was a bad idea. What you should have did was delete the aztek files within the mesh/texture folders.this way you don't delete fallout 3 data in the mix. it's not a rare mistake among new mod users..though i don't have any idea how to fix it without reinstalling.

Reinstalling the game won't fix anything as the overrides are saved within the savegame. But, replacing the resources with the same files or some compatible replacement should fix the problem.

Nobody can give you the default textures and meshes, it's illegal to upload both unchanged, and entirely unnecessary if you even have the game. If the default textures are part of the game or a DLC, you can probably find them within a .bsa file, and they can be extracted with FOMM or some other BSA tool for Fallout 3 [Like this]. Just extract them to your data folder, preserving the directory structure, and you should fix it. If not, either your folder structure is wrong, or the mod made changes to how textures are linked to those items, and it cannot be fixed without reverting to an earlier save.

Edited by Vagrant0

... entirely unnecessary if you even have the game. If the default textures are part of the game or a DLC, you can probably find them within a .bsa file, and they can be extracted...

That is right, but it is unnecessary to extract them too. If you have not deleted the .bsa files from the original game then the meshes and textures are still there and would re-emerge once any replacement files that overwrite them are gone. If you had deleted the meshes then you wouldn't have invisible weapons, you would have large red diamonds with white exclamation points in them. If you had deleted the textures but not the meshes then you would see purple colored weapons.

BTW, asking people to upload files from the official game is a very bad idea, as it generally gets people banned from this site.

Well i am not a complete idiot i did not delete the texture folders or the meshes i deleted the ahzek folders within them sorry about not being clear and yes reinstalling my game would work :) i just have like 100 mods and dont want to have to reinstall them all again

As BadPenney has mentioned, all the vanilla visual assets are stored within BSA archives. In order to revert a texture introduced via a replacer, you need only delete the texture. If you don't know where it is, then just check the archive that you downloaded originally - it should have at least a readme with installation instructions, and will probably also have a folder structure that will show you where the new textures were placed when you installed it.

Redistributing assets from Fallout 3 is piracy, so no one here is going to do that for you. It's also entirely unnecessary.

Cipscis