Corpse Decay including actual Decomposing

switpeachikpea

I was thinking similar ideas. Here's mine.

NPC>zombie corpse(1-day)>skeleton(1-day)>bones(1-day, complete set)

For the sake of FPS, one day per stage. For simplicity, only normal animals will eat corpses(lion, rat, etc). These animals can smell the corpse from distance. Will start to attack(eat) the corpse, accelerating the process. The animals will ignore you there is corpse nearby and move to it. If they are eating, they will ignore you.

There is a mod, but it doesn't work and doesn't include all of this. Is there anyone who wants to make a mod with these features?

• 1 month later...

I had a similar idea a while ago,

Went as far as making some corpse textures, and than I figured out the best way to do it would be as such.

Have a copy of each race (imperialCORPSE) with separate age maps (including normals) to bring about decomposition; so...

on the players exit and return to the cell>switch to corresponding race>upon a designated amount of time passed>switch by script to next "age" level>continue process>after certain time turn body to skeleton_mauled>finite

There was a mod that already did this in Oblivion. I can't remember the name though, and it's not in my archives as I didn't use it. Try the advanced search and see if you can 'dig' something up. :rolleyes:

Edit: I found it: Reneers Corpse Mod - http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8939

• 2 weeks later...
The best looking decayed skeleton concept I've seen is from the mod Hircine Resurrected. They retain their original armor after they have been eaten by the werewolves. Alternatively, there be several traveling undertakers leading a horse cart who stop next to corpses, do the weapon pick up, the corpse disappears, a coffin/corpse shows up on the cart, the carts go to various burn pits. The undertakers do the weapon pick up at the bonfire, coffin/corpse disappears and a temporary charred corpse appears in the fire.