Fallout 3 FPS dropp

Werewolf_13

Hi.

I traveled a bit through the wasteland to see if anything uncovered came up when I fast traveled to Fort Bannister. When i came there the whole game suddenly started to lag like hell. I even had problems with getting the main menu and pit-boy up. It does not matter where I go or look after I have fast traveled, It still lags to the game eventually crashes. Although it my suddenly stop lagging at all for some time and then go back to lagging.

I have no idea why this happens unless it is because of a mod because I have played fallout for many hours and this has never happened before. It is not because of my specs, I have an intel I7 processor, 4GB DDR3 ram, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M 1GB graphics card.

I have recently added these mods: Drivable Chimera Tank (deleted because I thought it had something to do with the FPS drop), Enclave Commander _Warhammer 40k Edition, IPip Player -YOUR Custom Radio Station, Colt M4 Carbines (deleted for same reason), 40k Warhammer New boltgun rsugar, ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated (thought I had this but could not find it. Can the problem be that there are now 2 of these working?), Beretta m92 Samurai Edge Pistol, Vltor SBR.

I think it might be because I fast travel to a location where there are a lot of soldiers although I have had a full scale war with the enclave commander with about 50 people fighting at the same time without problems.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for the help

Werewolf_13

This is my load order:

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] Globaltravelsystem.esm

[X] GTSEssentials.esm

[X] RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK2 - Main.esm

[X] FOOK2 - [*censored*] World And Neighbourhood Kit.esm

[X] CubeExperimental (EN).esm

[ ] SeducingWomen.esm

[X] FOOK2 - Main.esp

[X] dD-Full Screen Blood.esp

[X] dD-More Gore.esp

[X] dD-Larger Blood.esp

[X] CyberneticDawn.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

[X] Darkuther1986_Way_More_Damage.esp

[X] RH_IronSights_Elite_VanillaPlugin.esp

[X] MaxLevelWorkaround-HP.esp

[X] CrossRepairWeapons.esp

[ ] FaceRevampByButler.esp

[X] SlowmotionBulletFlybyInVatsNoConditions.esp

[X] FollowersRelax.esp

[X] 1PipboyPDA.esp

[X] Rocket_Lombaxrace_beta.esp

[ ] Reykjavik.esp

[X] 1alexscorpionsnipergear.esp

[X] Destructible Building Materials 3000 Beta.esp

[X] norepairneeded(fix).esp

[X] tacticalAmmo.esp

[ ] Infinite Ammo.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] MiniHideout.esp

[X] Burmecian.esp

[X] Geo_Alien_Hybrid_V1.2.esp

[ ] KillableKidsOptional.esp

[X] RemoteControlCompanions.esp

[ ] SilencedUltraSMGMod.esp

[X] AlienRifleV2.esp

[X] Soviet Power Armor.esp

[X] WW2Uniforms.esp

[X] Rorshach.esp

[X] GasMask.esp

[X] Armor.esp

[X] NanoSystem.esp

[X] Gauss cannon 2.esp

[X] VltorSBR.esp

[X] HZ_M92SE.esp

[X] G36.esp

[ ] Everyondecandies.esp

[X] WeaponFix1.esp

[X] NAPA-Sneak.esp

[X] SoB.esp

[X] boltgun.esp

[X] Alien SMG.esp

[X] LightSaberMod.esp

[ ] KarmaEditor.esp

[X] Dragonskin Tactical Outfit.esp

[X] FleshBurningPlasma.esp

[X] S12CombatSet.esp

[X] Tau Ammo.esm

[X] Propulso5000.esp

[X] Ammo Crazy.esp

[X] BoS Armor.esp

[X] ClassicEnclaveAPA-Better-APA-english.esp

[X] kamikaze_armor01.esp

[X] gasmaskhelmet.esp

[X] death korps.esp

[X] HZ_Glock.esp

[X] IPip.esp

[X] Not alone in the Wasteland anymore.esp

[X] NotSoFast.esp

[X] EnclaveCommander SMv.esp

[ ] NoSlowdown.esp

[ ] Megaton House Overhaul and PreWar Theme.esp

[ ] Weight.esp

[ ] SMG Mod.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - Mothership Zeta.esp

[ ] soviet.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esm

[ ] FOOK2 - [EVE] Energy Visuals Enhanced.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp

[ ] MyFOOK2 - Black & White Tranquility Lane.esp

[ ] MyFOOK2 - No Rape Victims.esp

Use FOMM and auto sort your mod order and see if that helps any.

Thanks for your help.

I tried to auto sort it but it did not work. On the other hand I have discovered that it does not just happen when you fast travel to fort Banister. It also started to lag when I got close to the fort. I fast traveled to the "train depot?" where i shot some raiders and walked to the fort and it still happened.

Then I deactivated Operation Anchorage that I installed today to see if it helped. It was still the same until a bomb went off killing a group of Talon company mercs. Then the lagging suddenly stopped. It came back for a small time when I got close to the last merc but vanished when I shot him.

But it also happens in the raider house not to far south of Fort Banister. At the Charnel house area. The lagging stops when I enter my pitboy 3000.

Does anyone understand anything from this?

If you have been able to play it fine before mods then it is not an issue with sound/video drivers.

Try disabling the mods in the same order you activated them one by one and see if it helps. If not then try to find a save game before adding the mods and activate them one by one and check again if the lag start again.

This may sound as dumb as the "update your drivers" advice but make sure it's not your system that is overheating.

NONO! Get drivers! DRIVERS!

I was playing fine one day, turn it off to go to bed, come back next afternoon & BAM! bluescreens every 10 seconds of playing (with the suspect file being NV4_Disp.dll)

That is a bad driver.

Updating drivers aint stupid, You should do it monthly. It fixed me so ill just keep staring at you now. >:(

Admit it, that stoopid little face is scaring the bejeezus out of you. >:(

It can see right through the internet. It ...... Is ...... Watching

>:(

@Commander-Nutcakes-Crazy

I've played F3 with Nvidia's 16x.x series drivers without issues.

I've played F3 with Nvidia's 18x.x series drivers without issues.

I've played F3 with Nvidia's 19x.x series drivers without issues.

So yeah...

@Werewolf_13

Hi,

This is an interesting problem You have and sorry to say but I personally haven't a clue what could be wrong anymore. It could be something has been corrupted in some funky way or a bug/feature working in a non-intented way causing stuff trying to spawn/despawn/do something and going into endless loops eventually leading to a crash.

Have you tried a new game for a bit too see if it happens in a brand new game or is it just happening in your current game?

@Commander-Nutcakes-Crazy

I've played F3 with Nvidia's 16x.x series drivers without issues.

I've played F3 with Nvidia's 18x.x series drivers without issues.

I've played F3 with Nvidia's 19x.x series drivers without issues.

So yeah...

@Werewolf_13

Hi,

This is an interesting problem You have and sorry to say but I personally haven't a clue what could be wrong anymore. It could be something has been corrupted in some funky way or a bug/feature working in a non-intented way causing stuff trying to spawn/despawn/do something and going into endless loops eventually leading to a crash.

Have you tried a new game for a bit too see if it happens in a brand new game or is it just happening in your current game?

I have not tried a new game yet but I will see if it fixes it. The strange thing is that the bug suddenly "was". I have been there many times before to kill mercs and there has never been a problem. I went the once and massacred all the mercs I could find there. Can that have something to do with the problem?