House of the Redguard II - Official Mod Topic

DavideMitra

:sad:

I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to fix that enemy-related problem. The dungeons will remain as they were before.

I wasted a lot of time with something that will never work. I feel completely dejected.

Because of that, and because of other things (stupid CK crashing a lot etc etc), I already stopped developing the modification.

I will release the wip on the Nexus. I'll post a link in this thread.

I really hope that someone will finish my work. Yes, it will be an "open beta", the only thing I'm asking is to credit me. Mod development took me months of work. It has been an hard job, because there was no modding-team...I was alone with myself.

Most things are done. But:

- There's still a lot of work. I'm talking about landscaping.

- Nobody lives in the valley: you will have to add npcs and monsters.

- Of course, you will have to generate navmeshes. Also, the Skyrim part of the pass must be navmeshed too.

- There are no ambient sounds. You must add them around the valley.

- No lods at all. You must generate them.

- About the quest: it wouldn't work, because of the dungeon-related problem.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish you well and hope you get the motivation to take a crack at modding in the future. You have a great concept and no one else will be able to do it like you can. Perhaps taking a break instead of burning yourself out could help significantly. I'm sure there are others who'd be willing to help if you asked; something of the scale you've conceived would only benefit as they could possibly recognize problems you're having and help develop solutions to them.

Take it in stride though, and I hope you don't let this setback keep you from pursuing what you enjoy.

Unfortunatelly, I don't think a break would bring me some benefits.

That's true, the enemy-related problem I discovered when testing a dungeon dejected me a lot.

But there are also other different problems. For example, I think my pc can't handle the project anymore. The mod loads very slow. Also, the CK crashes too much often. In my opinion, it's a memory-related issue. Remember that, in order to create the house (only the house), I used hundreds and hundreds of objects. I never did something like that.

No, I'm sure the mod won't die.

I think a lot of people would be interested in finishing my work. There aren't a lot of things to do (excluding the quest, that could be deleted from the to-do list).

Even if I still have to upload the modification, people can start to discuss about its destiny right here and right now.

So, is there someone that would like to finish my project?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I uploaded the modification!!!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63220/?

Have fun!!!

Since I stopped working on this wounderful project, this also becomes the recruitment topic.

Tae Rai, do you confirm that you would like to continue to develop this project?

If you are sure about that, some people might offer their help (the Skyrim Nexus mod page redirects to this topic). There's still a lot of work to do. In my opinion, a team would be a good choice. But it's up to you!

PS: I will continue to follow the project. Should someone need my help/my suggestions, I'm here!

For example, if you'd like to develop the DLC part of the mod, I already have the script for the main quest.

• 2 years later...

Beliebe it or not... i have a quest that i wish to place in this setting. I dont know if you are willing ro help as i have no skill at creating mods and this will be my first attempt but i really want to try. Only thing is tjat its not a Dragonborn quest. An Alikr live another life quest.

And one that uses the one thing that the RedGuard hate most. An undead... one hidden in the RedGuard crown... royalty.

A Khulari vampire.