How to Change Default Armor for NPCs

sp0ckrates

Never needed to do that before, but I guess you need to change his 'Default Outfit'.

Type 'Farkas' in the filter (with Actor selected or *All), find his NPC entry in the list. Open it and go the the 'Inventory' tab. There's a drop down list for his 'Default Outfit' there. You would want 'ArmorCompanionsAllOutfit' if you want him to wear to full armor.

Thanks Aruberikku for the suggestion. Yes, I tried that and tested it in game. He wears the Companion Wolf Armor till I fast jump. Then he wears his original steel armor, with the Wolf Armor helmet. After he turns into a werewolf and turns back (during the quest Proving Honor) he has the steel armor with no helmet.

I'm wondering if using a script to remove the steel and equip the wolf armor will work.

Aruberikku:

Yes, that worked. The Companions quest C01 in the CK was scripting Farkas to wear steel armor, changing the wolf armor I added as his default outfit. Changing the variable in C01 to the wolf armor I wanted fixed it. There was no need to write a new script. Incidentally, the script for the same quest also changes Aela's default outfit, as well as the weapons they both use. Odd since she never goes on that quest. Thanks again for the suggestion.