Trouble with Extended GNR - More Where That Came From

trekar

I'm having trouble getting the GNR Extension to work along with FWE, FOOK2, WMK, and MMMM.

The mod giving me trouble is by OldManMose76, More Where That Came From:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418

The game starts up just fine from FOMM, and I can even hear the GNR radio playing on radios within the game. However, whenever I select the GNR station on my Pipboy there is an instant crash to desktop.

Could this be a load order issue? Is there a separate fix that must be downloaded and installed?

HEh... Load it last, then nothing can overwrite it. Then you could also send a PM to the creator. We are not going to really know much about a vastly complex radio mod. Which yeah the radio stuff is kind of complex.

There's a radio stutter thread, which deals with stuff like having the right audio codecs installed on your computer, which no, fallout 3 doesn't install those. Also you need to have your computer set up to do things like always use WMP to play this type of file or that type. See the radio stutter thread.

I've been using that same mod with FWE, WMK, MMM + a bunch of other mods and haven't had that problem. Are you sure that you're using the correct .esp for the amount of track files you downloaded?

For example I downloaded all the track archives 1-1, 1-2 then 2-1,2-2 and so on to 5-1,5-2. Then extracted them to the correct folders in /data/.. and then activated the galaxy news radio (100).esp (Sorry don't remember the exact name of the esp, the numbers in that mean the amount of tracks you have installed).

Also I've been using this mod with XP SP2/SP3, Vista, Win 7 with default audio codecs/drivers and it still has worked. Yes it stutters which maybe caused by incompatible codecs etc. but it still has worked without crashing.