Elven Ears in Fallout 3

natalie73

Hello, I enjoy modding quite a bit, was going to be making one involving the Oasis, but also, I had wondered why no one had modified the Fallout 3 head to be compatible with the various Elven ear character mods floating around for Oblivion? I know the Oblivion ears are copyrighted and can't be ported...

I can't make one myself, as I haven't the time or ability to learn modeling that in-depth...If anyone has made such a mod in their free-time but hasn't shared it, or has felt the inkling but didn't see encouragement to make one...I would be giddy to be contacted and pick it up!

:thanks:

Well, I imagine it probably isn't too hard if you know how to modify the Fallout 3 head model, as it's not as simple as just specifying what ears you want in game like it was in Oblivion, since the head and ears are melded together now. Just doubt anyone's thought of doing it really until now, as Elves in sci fi are a wierd concept for most people. :thumbsup:

Elves in sci fi are a wierd concept for most people

It is rather not. The Eldar from Warhammer 40k have pointy ears. There was a race in Star Trek with pointy ears. I don't necessarily think having elvish ears is a bad thing. I want it for the sake of a Eldar mod.

Elves in sci fi are a wierd concept for most people

It is rather not. The Eldar from Warhammer 40k have pointy ears. There was a race in Star Trek with pointy ears. I don't necessarily think having elvish ears is a bad thing. I want it for the sake of a Eldar mod.

also Newman race in the Phantasy Star franchise had them (HUnewm & HUnewearl from PS Zero)

you could declare it as some sort of minor mutation/radiation sideeffect to fit the Fallout theme.

I tried modelling, but It never worked out for me. A nice elven ear would take more than just a few vertices or faces editing. However, I don't see why it can't be done because I would really love to have an Eldar Player in Fallout 3. :wallbash: