Mod for a spell that turns off and on?

lonewolfkai

I'm wanting to make a spell that alter's your form, ie shapeshifting, and I'm wanting it to do so with the use of a spell. Is it possible to make a spell effect that turns off and on by casting and then recasting to turn it off? The only other way I know to do it is just to make it a timed spell.

What I'm thinking of is using a similar spell to what the Mythic Dawn uses to change their unarmored stature to the full bound armor set.

Yep, it is possible to make a spell to toggle on and off it's effect, the only thing you'd need is a control variable to check wich action perform each time you cast it.

I'd do a quest script to store it, something like:

scn myTagMyQuestScript

Begin GameMode
short giveSpell
short controlVar
float fQuestDelayTime

if giveSpell == 0
player addSpell myTagMySpell
set giveSpell to 1; add it only once
Endif

set fQuestDelayTime to 30
End

And then the spell script would have to be something like:

scn myTagMySpellScript

Begin ScriptEffectStart
if myTagMyQuest.controlVar == 0
; let's turn on
; insert code here
set myTagMyQuest.controlVar to 1
else
; let's turn off
; insert code here
set myTagMyQuest.controlVar to 0
Endif
End

Remember that if you addItem, EquipItem, UnequipItem and RemoveItem you must wait a frame between adding and equipping or between unequipping and removing, so you'll need a counter inside the spell script just to wait for that frame. Use ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds to get an accurate timming.

Good luck!

Yep, it is possible to make a spell to toggle on and off it's effect, the only thing you'd need is a control variable to check wich action perform each time you cast it.

I'd do a quest script to store it, something like:

scn myTagMyQuestScript

Begin GameMode
short giveSpell
short controlVar
float fQuestDelayTime

if giveSpell == 0
player addSpell myTagMySpell
set giveSpell to 1; add it only once
Endif

set fQuestDelayTime to 30
End

And then the spell script would have to be something like:

scn myTagMySpellScript

Begin ScriptEffectStart
if myTagMyQuest.controlVar == 0
; let's turn on
; insert code here
set myTagMyQuest.controlVar to 1
else
; let's turn off
; insert code here
set myTagMyQuest.controlVar to 0
Endif
End

Remember that if you addItem, EquipItem, UnequipItem and RemoveItem you must wait a frame between adding and equipping or between unequipping and removing, so you'll need a counter inside the spell script just to wait for that frame. Use ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds to get an accurate timming.

Good luck!

I was hoping there was an option in the CS that I just wasn't seeing. I'm not very good with scripting, and what's listed I have no clue on, but at least it's pointing me to the right direction. I thank you for the reply. First things first though, I have to try to figure out how to "paste over" the armor to a new boundequipment spell. There's a lot of separate meshes.