Can we have flying arrow blur like in skyrim?

giggityninja

You can't?! I know I "always" dodged them in the past. What's your projectile speed settings? Anything messing with it (a mod or a bash tweak)? Using any ENBs (they can mess up just about everything visually)?

It's the first time I hear you can't see them fly in Oblivion, and I know for a fact it's wrong. :ermm:

Yeah, I have a mod that makes arrows faster because arrow speed in vanilla oblivion is frustratingly slow but that's not really the point, I wouldn't give up arrow speed in exchange for seeing the arrows, I just think that arrow blur is a really cool feature and faster arrows along with arrow blur would fit well.

Isn't there some way to add it?

Edited by giggityninja

Yeah, I have a mod that makes arrows faster because arrow speed in vanilla oblivion is frustratingly slow but that's not really the point, I wouldn't give up arrow speed in exchange for seeing the arrows, I just think that arrow blur is a really cool feature and faster arrows along with arrow blur would fit well.

Isn't there some way to add it?

I think you are missing Drake's point. Arrows ARE visible in flight in Oblivion - if they are not, YOU have installed or altered something that changes that fact.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Tell us what it is and maybe someone will know a mod that does this already or have an idea how you could go about creating it yourself.

To me the phrase "arrow blur" doesn't ring a bell. I know blur effects from quite some other things, motion blur the most prominent among them, but I've never seen it mentioned in conjunction with arrows, yet.

Ah, I think I got it now. Thanks to some research and hints from a friend I'm now convinced it's vapor trails caused by arrows you're after, like as if they're fired out of a gun in one of those Max Payne slow motions.

Like what this mod is about: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47533

Can't say I've ever seen anything like this in Oblivion so far, but given the multiple possibilities of particle effects I think it can very well be created somehow.

If you can't see where arrows are now, you won't be able to see where they are then either, but at least you'll be able to see where they "were" by the trails marking their path.

@mileymiley: I'd rather you don't. As far as I'm informed this is still a taboo topic as by Bethesda's request. (post removed by another mod)