I'd like race's racials to all be passive.

Yuiopdude

I get really tired of active racial abilities. I have other things that I'm trying to keep in that slot as it is that I don't really care. It's either so powerful that I'll almost always have it slotted and faved (Breton's dragonskin and Orc's berserk), meaning that I won't be shouting as often in the game as I'd like (as the whole "Dragon shout" thing is one of those advertised things they do). OR they're so pointless that it's almost a "Why bother" kind of skill (Khajiit night-eye in vanilla, Bosmer animal companion). Maybe there is a mod that does this, but I'm looking for just the tweeks, not a full game overhaul.

I kinda just want all racial actives to be tweeked to be passive. There's a mod out there that does this with argonian's histskin, and figured "hey, if it can be done with argonians..." Along with other mods doing the same for some other races (Skyre makes the Dunmer's active passive)

So here's what I'm thinking, the Altmer, Argonian, and redguards abilities are easy

-Altmer's... Mana regen... Thing...: Increase mana regen, and allow it to regen at a normal rate in combat.

-Argonian's histskin: Naturally increases health-regen, and allows it to be active while in combat. Something noticeable, but not drastic

-Redguard's adrenaline rush: Same deal here, just for stamana. Regen stamana to a noticeable rate, increase stamana regen in combat.

When it comes to the other races, on the other hand, it gets a little strange.

-For the Khajiit, it would be nice for night-eye to kick in automatically, but that could get annoying if it's not toggleable (with some filters being an annoying color that you wouldn't want on ALL the time), theirs being a lesser, toggleable power is fine, but to keep all the races being passive, this could be a way to do this.

-Bosmer, Imperials and Nords have it harder. How do you passively do a calm or fear effect? The nord's ability in general has never been something that I've sat back and gone "I really find that useful," mainly because I'd be playing a Nord in melee, so having my target run from me would kinda defeat the purpose. Imperials could be something as "simple" as "Humanoids half your level don't attack you unless you attack them." I mean, you wouldn't see it in effect too often, but when it does come into effect, it's noticeable. Nords could be the same, I guess, except humaniods run (or all things with a brain). And Bosmer could have animals of half their level or lower not attack them (or maybe higher then that, whatever works)

-Orcs, Breton and Dunmer are kinda similar. Could be that at a certain percentage of health, their normal active kicks in. Dunmer's would summon a flame shield around them at half-health. Breton's would gain spell absorbtion (and maybe a bit of armor) at half-health. Orcs would gain reduced damage taken, and increased damage dealt at something like a quarter or a fifth-health... Something to that extent.

I dunno, something that makes it so that I don't have to worry about whether I am or am not using my racial actives, and making it so that I'm playing a race for the race, not because one race's actives are better then the other. That's what I'm thinking, anyway, would be nice to have.

Then again, I'd also love to have a mod that takes the shirts and tops off of all the male armors, leaving their chest bare (Call it age of the gladiator or something), because that's manly and badass... That didn't get much views, even though, with the proper tools, it seems like a fairly easy edit... Seems, I'm not a modder, so I wouldn't know (hence why I'm making this request, as opposed to doing it myself)

Hmm... Madcow changes the races a bit too drastically. I still want the vanilla feel, just get rid of the button press. This mod is more of what I'm kind of thinking, but even this one changes the races a bit to much. I'd like to say "Just something simple," but I know getting the Orc, Breton and Dunmer abilities to work automaticallya at specific health isn't "simple."

Hmm... Once I'm done with my current playthrough, I may try one of these two mods, though. Nothin' wrong with them, just not what I'm lookin' for.

• 3 years later...