Bad textures.

Hey there, i recently reinstalled Fallout 3 after a long time of not playing it. I stopped palying many month's ago when i kept getting crashes whenever enemies appeared. This was on Windows Vista and back when i had 2GB of RAM.

Since then, i have upgraded my RAM to 5GB(only 3 usable on 32bit) and i now run Windows 7. The game runs swell, but ive noticed the graphics are pretty bad now, even when on very high settings.

Below is a screencap taken from the Settlers image list, but it shows the really bad textures on the Traders outfit, which is what i get in my game too. The dangling spoons and forks also have visible black boxes around them.

I ask the following, is this a common problem? And how may it be fixed? This problem persists even when i use the best resolution. Does my RAM being maxed have anything to do with it? Because i remember other games9Warhammer online) suddenly having bad textures too after i upgraded my RAM, when before the upgraded they were much better. Thanks in advance.

Here is my load order.

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Globaltravelsystem.esm

GTSEssentials.esm

CALIBR.esm

FOOK2 - Main.esm

FOOK2 - [*censored*] World And Neighbourhood Kit.esm

FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esm

RRCompanionVault.esm

RRGuards.esm

RR5MoreFemales.esm

RR5MoreMales.esm

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

Starke's Enhancement Perks.esp

RRWastelandPosters.esp

RRUmpaDance.esp

RRSorter100_FOOK2.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

GalaxyNewsRadio100[M].esp

Enclave Radio Fix.esp

No Blur Effect.esp

UrgeRivetCityBridgeFix.esp

NoStupidExplosiveCars.esp

TakingOutTheTrash.esp

TOTTPointLookoutEdition.esp

F3UmpaAnimation.esp

Placeable Equipment.esp

Reilly's.esp

WW2Uniforms.esp

Backpacks - SedPL.esp

WHSpaceMarineArmor.esp

UPP - Pack 1.esp

UPP - Pack 2.esp

UPP - Original Perks.esp

UPP - Experience Perks.esp

Uber Perks.esp

FOOK2 - Main.esp

FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp

FOOK2 - Mothership Zeta.esp

FOOK2 - [EVE] Energy Visuals Enhanced.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK2.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK2 - DIK.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.esp

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp

Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Fellout-PointLookout.esp

LightingOverhual-InteriorONLY.esp

Total active plugins: 65

Total plugins: 80

No i have not installed anything that specificly changes textures, unless FOOK or MMM does this. The fact that there was a screenshot of this problem in the Settlers image gallery is evidence that im not the nly one who gets this. I took a screenshot in-game but i could not find the screenshot anywhere.

Have you changed bInvalidateOlderFiles and change the 0 to 1 in FALLOUT.INI? I know MMM doesn't change textures, also try disabling all FOOK mods first. If all fails, go to E:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\textures\armor, delete all the folders inside. Make sure you do a backup.

Have you changed bInvalidateOlderFiles and change the 0 to 1 in FALLOUT.INI? I know MMM doesn't change textures, also try disabling all FOOK mods first. If all fails, go to E:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\textures\armor, delete all the folders inside. Make sure you do a backup.

Changing the 0 to a 1 was one of the first things i did before installing mods. I checked and there are some folders in the armor folder with "wasteland" in their titles, one of them is called "wastelandmerchant" so i will mess around with those.

Sorry for the double post, but if i didnt make a second post those involved in helping me in this thread wont be up to date on the situation and know that i have resolved my problem. I removed that wasteland merchant folder and it fixed it right up. I cant remember what added that folder and textures though, it was either FOOK2 or the WW" uniforms, but i dont remember having that problem before when i used the WW2 uniforms, since i never play without it, the German Officers Coat is my main choice of attire when i play Fallout 3.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me you guys, i really appreciate it. :)