Megaton Remodel

darkus37

Hi I was wondering if anyone could create a new version of megaton in the style of Minas Tirith from Lord Of The Rings. For those unaware, it's a massive city built up in layers, with the central area a huge tower. Some pics:

http://www.patriotresource.com/lotr/pics/l...minastirith.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/112...irith_Hakan.jpg

http://www.tolkienforums.com/Minas_Tirith_2.jpg

Essentially, I see this place as bigger than Tenpenny Tower with lots of fortified emplacements on the perimeter with turrets and guards. This idea behind this is that if you help Tenpenny you got this awesome suite, but if you play the hero you get this dinky little house. The big tower that will make up the central support will be your house, filled with such chambers like a bedroom, living room, kitchen, guest bedroom, npc rooms, a library, armory, training room, shooting gallery, war room, trophy chamber, etc. The top of the structure will have a helipad which means those that use a certain mod will have a place to land on. Both entrances to the central tower should be heavily fortified airlocks. I tried doing this myself but was faced with terrible problems in-game such as a complete slow down when looking towards the center and when my hard-drive crashed I just couldn't do all that work over again. The way I figure it, this allows a whole bunch of new spaces for merchants and the like allowing you to purchase just about everything you can get in-game from the beginning. I also think that this new version of megaton will be big enough to have several outposts like a BOS building, a ghoul enclave, even a Talon Company camp. This way, it make sense for there to be a sheriff with multiple droids patrolling the city and keeping the peace both inside and outside it's borders. It should go without saying that by saving Simms life, you become mayor of megaton and get a bunch of perks for it. If anyone can model this and/or needs help with ideas or the like, I would be glad to offer my help.

Minas Tirith starts from bottom (wide) to top (thing). I'd suggest you make Megaton the opposite. Kinda like it is atm. The highest part (like when you enter it in vanilla Fallout 3) is the widest "circle" and as you travel towards the center it starts to get narrower until you reach the bottom with the nuke and the church nutcases.

I considered that approach, but decided that it wouldn't make sense for the megaton bomb to have created that much damage on impact; that Tenpenny really wouldn't give a damn about essentially a hole in the ground, but would about something that rivaled his own tower; and most importantly, this gives you character their own house with that is as big as you want to mod it (i.e. that large area on top of minas tirith I see as a garden and helipad. A large multistory tower can have everything from Zeta's teleporters to your own machine press like in the Pitt and everything and anything in between.)

I'm not really sure what you mean by research - a bomb fell that didn't explode. Even if there were a network of caves that caved in, the impact would only go so far. As for the plane carrying the bomb crashing - I don't recall that ever being mentioned, and even if it was, there is only so much of a crater that could be formed. I suppose you could say that they could have dug downward, but then, why keep the bomb in the same middle location? Why not eventually move it outside the city gates or put it on a pedestal or something. If you are referring to the background that Maya (Nathan's wife, I think that's her name) tells about the city, then she says that the city is built up from plane parts from a nearby airfield.