Selene underworld costume

JimBobRoy

I said my peeve is lore nazis, I would prefer people not act like that, that's my personal opinion, and I'm allowed to have them.

And I must remind you that none of us has the right to dictate what other people put in their game, or how they imagine the world of their game to be, especially when the beauty of modding is to allow us to recreate the world in our games to the image in our own imaginations.

These are not MMOs, and "no" is probably a no-no. In my humble personal opinion.

This is a modding site, and encouraging creativity is the point, after all.

PS - I almost forgot, Leather is always a form of "armor" by default. It provides greater protection than wool for example, which provider greater protection than linen.. etc

Edited by myrmaad

Skin-tight leather suits people request are mostly meant to be eye-candy, and aren't really treated as leather armor.

Second, I am not dictating anything, I am stating my oppinion, and have as much right to it as you do.

It seemed to me that your opinion was stated as a proclamation.

You have some leeway in the general forums, however if you had stated similar views on a release thread for armor or clothing matching the requested armor, that would be against the rules, and could even earn a ban according to our terms of service. That's the difference. We do not discourage our modders or potential modders here, no matter how farfetched their imaginations may seem.

I personally do feel it's important to discourage the practice of Lore Nazism, and I will call it out any time I see it. I can certainly debate the lore with the best of them: Farelden, nor Thedas are set in medieval Europe, thus Medieval European dress is not necessarily what they would wear. Nor do we see depictions of what was actually worn in medieval Europe in the usual historic record. When was the last time you saw a priest depicted dressed in a robe that didn't cover his genitalia? In fact that was often worn in real life history in medieval Europe. The times, they were a bit bawdy, where do you think Chaucer got his ideas?

Edited by myrmaad

It seemed to me that your opinion was stated as a proclamation.

And that's where you were dead-wrong. I'll leave it at that.

Farelden, nor Thedas are set in medieval Europe, thus Medieval European dress is not necessarily what they would wear. Nor do we see depictions of what was actually worn in medieval Europe in the usual historic record.

I never stated I'd preffer to see historically accurate in any way armors. Simply that modern 'catsuits' don't exactly blend in with chainmails and platemails. Add some plaudrons and shinguards to them and that's a different story however. Kinda like DAO's Blood Dragon in ME2, except the other way around in this case.

I never stated I'd preffer to see historically accurate in any way armors. Simply that modern 'catsuits' don't exactly blend in with chainmails and platemails. Add some plaudrons and shinguards to them and that's a different story however. Kinda like DAO's Blood Dragon in ME2, except the other way around in this case.

Hate to break it to you, but tight fitting clothing was standard fair for most rogue types even in the middle ages. The lack of extraneous elements meant that there was less that would restrict movement or get caught on furniture when moving around. Both Oblivion, and Morrowind had tight fitting leather armors which were designed for more stealthy characters. Many of the leather armors featured in Neverwinter nights 1 and 2, and Icewind Dale also featured similar elements. Beyond the modern connotations related with the catsuit, there is nothing to remotely suggest that this style of equipment would be impractical (fight clothing is inherently thermal) or not achievable (many traditional garbs are rather tight fitting (Leider Hosen?)) in a middle age setting. Obviously the idea behind a formfitting leather suit had to come from somewhere before it was adopted by fetish culture. At any rate, the way this request is phrased, it could mean any of the costumes worn by that character, even some of the more "in-period" dress.

Furthermore, being a mod, you obviously aren't forced to download or use it, so your objections, regardless of the logic behind them, really don't matter. If you don't like the idea, just ignore the request and do whatever else you want. Those who like this kind of thing, and have the talent to do it will do so regardless of what you might think, and as it turns out, that is the privilege that comes with being able to do stuff like this.