can anyone tell me how to add music into oblivion

22jay

im tryin to add regular songs into a house i made in oblivion so i can have a place ingame to sit back relax and listen to my my favorite songs. can any tell me how i can do this. ive only been modding for about a week i need help here? (i was thinking jukebox but i have no idea how to do this) anybody got any ideas?

If you want a jukebox, you need lots of scripting. The easier way is to find music folder at your oblivion install directory, then rename your song appropriately, make sure your song is in .mp3 format.

what do you mean by "rename it approprietly" and will putin the songs there be enough to make them play in-game

One way to name inappropriately is to give your new songs the same name as the vanilla ones. For example: Oblivion\Data\Music\Explore\atmosphere_01. This will copy over and erase your original vanilla tune.

But you are free to name your music anything you like and Oblivion will find it. Just be sure it is in MP3 format rather than .mwa, .wav or something else.

It is awesome! All you have to do is drop all your favorite music into the right folders and you can listen to it while you relax at home, go shopping, explore dungeons, or go questing.

im tryin to add regular songs into a house i made in oblivion so i can have a place ingame to sit back relax and listen to my my favorite songs. can any tell me how i can do this.

Short Answer: with vanilla Oblivion, if you want specific music to play in your mod just write a script to trigger your MP3s when PC activates the door.

The easier way is to find music folder at your oblivion install directory, then rename your song appropriately, make sure your song is in .mp3 format.

I think what Adrian is saying is: for city interiors find ...\BethesdaSoftworks\Oblivion\Data\Music\Public\ and add your MP3s to that folder. "appropriately" would mean: Town_xx.mp3

But you are free to name your music anything you like and Oblivion will find it.

The files in the music folder must retain the vanilla file/folder naming structure or the game engine cant find them.

One way to name inappropriately is to give your new songs the same name as the vanilla ones. For example: Oblivion\Data\Music\Explore\atmosphere_01. This will copy over and erase your original vanilla tune.

Yes, atmosphere_01 will overwrite that particular file BUT you are not limited on the number of MP3 in any given folder, just continue counting up: atmosphere_08, atmosphere_09, atmosphere_10...

That way you can keep Vanilla music (if you want) and add custom tunes too. But this method will play that music in ALL town interiors

An alternative would be to download the Better Music System, from what Ive read you have alot of controll over what music plays where and when.

Better Music System is probably the best mod for the whole game. Deadly Reflex, Better Cities, Supreme Magicka, Elsewhyre; these are all wonderful mods, but Better Music System changes how the game actually feels. To say you have better control over the music is like saying a car let's you travel faster than riding a horse.

What you need to do, 22jay, is, when you get the mod, use the Power of Music spell it gives you in the place you want your music. That spell will bring up a menu in which you can change what music plays in that cell and that cell alone. Before you do this, you need to put that song in a certain folder. After installing, look for the Septim folder, which contains 7 sub folders. Put your music in one of those folders and then when you use Power of Music ingame, select that folder from the menu.