Unrelenting Force shout to open doors

SpaceCoder

hi i want to make a mod that allows you to use unrelenting force shout to open doors (even locked ones)

what would be the point you might ask. i honestly dont know just something ive always wanted to do in Skyrim and it would be a alternate of unlocking that master lock youve been trying to open for 10 mins and cant.

any suggestions to make this better or has this been done before (was looking and didnt see anything so guessing it hasnt)

DONT BE SHY I WANT TO HEAR POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO KNOW IF I SHOULD MAKE THIS MOD AND IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED!!!!!!

thanks,

Space

EDIT: thank you Ceruulean for taking your time to make the mod. You can find the mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55092

Edited by SpaceCoder

I'm guessing it wouldn't work on doors that require keys, right? Otherwise I can dig it. Since I'm really good at lockpicking in Skyrim, I can do it easily with any type of character, which doesn't make sense. This would be a more fitting alternative for an orcish brute, for example.

I support.

I'm guessing it wouldn't work on doors that require keys, right? Otherwise I can dig it. Since I'm really good at lockpicking in Skyrim, I can do it easily with any type of character, which doesn't make sense. This would be a more fitting alternative for an orcish brute, for example.

I support.

yea it wont work on doors with keys because that could be used to bypass some parts of the story

Edited by SpaceCoder

You should check out this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36897

It's an open lock spell, but it is compatible with any DLC and mod-added doors. It does not have pop-up menus and it works ingeniously. The creator made a quest with aliases that fill with the closest 10 locked doors, and applies a script to the alias so there's no editing of base forms. I looked into the source code and it seems completely feasible. I would recommend making your mod based off of this one and making it work only when the unrelenting force magic effects are applied. And change to conditions to any door instead of only locked doors.

You should check out this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36897

It's an open lock spell, but it is compatible with any DLC and mod-added doors. It does not have pop-up menus and it works ingeniously. The creator made a quest with aliases that fill with the closest 10 locked doors, and applies a script to the alias so there's no editing of base forms. I looked into the source code and it seems completely feasible. I would recommend making your mod based off of this one and making it work only when the unrelenting force magic effects are applied. And change to conditions to any door instead of only locked doors.

ok thanks ill look into it and see if i can use it to help me build the mod

Hey, I've got a working prototype of shouting doors open and it's really fun! I've made it so that expert and master locks have a % chance of opening when using all three words of Unrelenting Force. But I know that you wanted to make the mod and I don't want to steal the idea, so I'm asking if I can upload it myself?

Hey, I've got a working prototype of shouting doors open and it's really fun! I've made it so that expert and master locks have a % chance of opening when using all three words of Unrelenting Force. But I know that you wanted to make the mod and I don't want to steal the idea, so I'm asking if I can upload it myself?

only thing i ask is give me a download link (when it goes up on nexus) so i can play Skyrim with it :)! go ahead and upload it i really appreciate that you asked for my permission to upload it so thank you on that. im also wondering how were you able to make it apply to all doors cause i wasnt able to figure out how to apply code to all doors without having to go through and put a script on every door and then i might have problem with working on doors that require keys.

cant wait to see what you did

Space

cant wait to try out the mod and would you be ok if i were to make a video on it showcasing it on my youtube channel. also would you be ok if i were to modify the mod and do unofficial bug fixes if i find any. im glad you were able to make it because most likely if i were to make it it would be filled with bugs and would have taken me a lot longer (never made a mod before :) )

let me know when it goes public

Space

cant wait to try out the mod and would you be ok if i were to make a video on it showcasing it on my youtube channel. also would you be ok if i were to modify the mod and do unofficial bug fixes if i find any. im glad you were able to make it because most likely if i were to make it it would be filled with bugs and would have taken me a lot longer (never made a mod before :smile: )

let me know when it goes public

Space

'Ello there.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55092