Turning piles of rubble into containers.

RideTheCatfish

I had a wacky idea the other night, concerning the static piles of trash strewn about the wastes. One would think that such refuse might contain something of at least some value, right? I'd love to make a mod that allows the player to search garbage and rubble piles for goodies, but I don't exactly know how I would go about giving container properties to static scenery objects. Could anyone help me out here?

I had a wacky idea the other night, concerning the static piles of trash strewn about the wastes. One would think that such refuse might contain something of at least some value, right? I'd love to make a mod that allows the player to search garbage and rubble piles for goodies, but I don't exactly know how I would go about giving container properties to static scenery objects. Could anyone help me out here?

What about an invisible container placed in the rubble?

What about an invisible container placed in the rubble?

Seems practical and possible. It would be nice if you could scavenge the cars in the wastelands too for parts like scrap metal.