Chinese Power Armor

SpadesNeil

Sup. I'm new to the forum, hope to become a regular visitor. Anyways, allow me to cut to the chase.

I was surprised when I looked on the mod page for Fallout 3 only to find out that there aren't any mods that allow for Chinese Power Armor. Sure, I know the Chinese never developed any during the war according to the game storyline... But screw it. Why not?

I figured it'd be a very simplistic mod. Problem is, I know nothing about modding or else I'd do it myself. ^^;

All I ask for is a simple Power Armor add-on, to add a Chinese version, maybe featuring some red/yellow paint, or maybe red and black, a Red Star on the chest plate maybe? Could be based on the more common power armor, or even the more elusive Chinese winterized version of the T-51b Power Armor? If you feel like, toss in an American version too. T-51b already is American (the one that comes with the game), but I mean for other power armors. Meanwhile, you could toss in a black T-51b for the Enclave, or the BoS, or Outcasts... But really, mostly, I just want my Chinese Power Armor. :)

I emphasize Add-On though. I hate mods that overwrite other things in the game, especially if they're done very badly...

I'd do this mod myself, but I haven't even begun to learn how to mod things in the game. :P

~Spades

• 3 weeks later...

Well, within the boundaries of the Fallout story line nothing says the Chinese were not working on a heavier armour than their stealth armour. It could very well be that they were going for something with more stealth and movement. Similiar to the idea behing the Coyote NAPA armour. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3365 This armour was very well thought out and executed.

I envision something similiar to the reinforced stealth armour, which is a very well done armour in it's self. I think that, due to China's historical progress that any armour they make will be less brute strength and more atuned for agile combat. Not to say it will not have some nice bulk to it.

I would think it would be sleeker. The armour would be less about absorbing incoming fire and more about deflecting it. It would use stealth tech and would be designed to operate as a better shock absorbing armour. I.e. instead of a boost to strength, and a hinderence to agility, it would simply be no boost and no hinderence.

I also see the armour intergrating night vision, aiming, and the overal stigma behind the Chinese martial forces. Lets face it, a majority of their martial forces, be it police or otherwise, are very athletic. Few of them are big and muscular, although as a whole their size does not equal their strength. I would think their designs would also take this in mind. AN armour designed around smaller soldier who are both strong and agile. This opposed to more European, West Asain, African and American soldiers whould be bigger, but still have the strength and agility. (Like comparing a futbol player and a football player).

I think a Chinese power armour would be a fantastic idea. I still disagree, it is not outside the story arc.

~Mal

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...