Installing EXAM Body Mod

CherryKunoichi

I am sure there were many topics on this all ready but I can not find any help full ones using the search function. I have downloaded this version from tesnexus; http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15802. It came with instructions but they might as well have been a riddle in Portuguese they make absolutely no sense to me.

In it's instructions it said to back up My data folder I did so, then extract the content from the zip to any folder so I just made a folder and extracted into it, then it says to Choose which body type you wold like to use and copy the relevant files to the Oblivion's Data folder. I did that and It didn't work I did not see them in the data files.

In the mods read me it talked about something called OMOD would it be better for me to find and download that and use the OMOD method instead of the manual method? or what was it I did wrong in the manual method?

-Thanks if you can help- CK

It would be much easier if you download the Main OMOD ready file and use OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) to convert it. You would then install with OBMM and you just need to answer questions re choices as it installs.

You won't see an esp if that's what you meant about not seeing it in data files. It's meshes and textures only. The best way to see if it works is to undress your female character. You'll see the difference if it's installed correctly.

Keep in mind if you use armour and clothes mods they have their own meshes, so the shape of your character can change according to the mod while you wear that item. Body shape will go back to normal as the replacer only changes the undressed shape. Underwear or nude.

You can use clothing and armour made for other body replacers, but only if it covers the whole body otherwise you'll get texture errors, like ugly blotches for example.

Since this mod comes as OMOD ready it means it already has the scripts and conversion data already included so with OBMM open follow these steps:

1. Click Create at the bottom of the main window.

2. In the "omod creator" window, click "Add archive." You do not have to extract the file.

3. Choose the file you downloaded from the window that opens.

4. Now OBMM will process the file which may take a little while so if it seems to be unresponsive just wait for it to finish. If you receive a message like "there are esp files in sub directories" answer yes and continue. NOTE: this is for mods that do include various esps which this one doesn't.

5. In this case the names and version numbers etc will be added for you.

6. Click Create omod and again wait while the file is compressed.

7. When it's finished you'll see the name appear in the middle window of OBMM. Double click to install and follow the prompts regarding choice of body etc.

Afterwards you can install Ozmo's Hi Res textures linked in the HGEC description over the top if you like. There are other texture packs if you search.

Then you would probably like to install EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants which converts the vanilla clothes and armour to fit the HGEC body. It also has support for other mods that add clothing and armour.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24078

These files are already in OMOD format for easy installing, so you don't need to convert them as above. Just place them into the Oblivion\obmm\mods directory and install with OBMM by double clicking the file in the OBMM window as before.

Keep backups of the mods you download so you don't have to search for them again if you have to reinstall the game etc. You can backup the HGEC OMOD you created as well in another directory so it's always available and you won't have to recreate it.

Edited for spelling and hopefully clarification in Step 4 of creating the OMOD. The procedure is the same for other conversions which do offer other esp selections. :)

There isn't an OMOD only download. Only the main file which is OMOD ready as I described at the same link in your first post.

You only need the file called:

HGEC Body V1.dot21

Follow the directions I gave and it will work. After creating the OMOD, you can choose nude or underwear as well as many other options while installing it.

Also if you use Vista or Windows 7 you may need to install OBMM differently. You can find that info by searching the forum. I use WindowsXP and have no problems, but I have seen Vista users have issues with mod utilities for Oblivion.

I made a couple of edits to my previous post for clarification..hopefully not confusing the issue more. :)

It worked perfectly now I want to put the skins in the read me they came with is even more confusing is there a OMOD version of them? Also I really appreciate all your help<3

I'm glad you got it working and even more happy my instructions were clear enough. :smile: It's easy when you know how, but explaining it sometimes isn't.

At Ozmos's textures:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20022

Download either the 2048x2048 package or the 4096x4096 full Packages. The difference is the resolution of the textures so if your computer can handle the higher rez 4096 go for that one. Or you could download both and replace the Hi Rez textures with the lower rez if the very higher resolution are too much for your system.

The 2048x2048 files come as an archive, but when you extract them, there is an exe installer. You make your choices using the installer for skin types etc and there are screen shots to help you decide within the installer.

When extracted these files are HUGE. The 2048x2048 is over 4GB, but you can delete it after installing your files. This is because it also adds textures for different races, including Mystic elves, Lineage II and others. If you don't have any of the races just use the vanilla selections.

Make sure to direct the installer to your Oblivion\data directory at the top of the window if it's not the default install path for the game. For example, it doesn't find my install automatically since I have my game installed on my D: drive not the default C:.

The 4096x4096 package comes as two files so you'll need to rename Part 1 and Part 2 as it says on the file description, then extract and install. I'm not using that one though, so I'm only assuming it has the same ease of use installer. Perhaps I will download them myself since I've upgraded my system, but never bothered to replace the textures I was currently using.

You will need 512mb or more of VRAM on your graphics card to use these though.

Also download the Face Texture for Hi Rez Skin Textures for V1.2. It also has an easy installer.

That way the body and face textures will match without the dreaded neckline. At least I never get the neckline, but you can also try this mod. Install over the above textures.

Luchaire's HGEC Body Seam Reducer

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20022

Regarding the GUTS body you can use the meshes from the HGEC Body mod so your character has this size. It's one of the optional files. You can also use any of the other optional files for different top and bottom sizes etc.

It will carry over to NPC's though as they use the same meshes as your character. Just install the meshes over the HGEC files you've already installed. It won't affect the OMOD.

There are quite a few armours and clothes for the GUTS body on Tesnexus if you search using GUTS as the key word. I don't use it, I like the EBE Fighter version, so those you'll need to find yourself.

:biggrin:

Oh yes I installed all the skins as well as some hair mods and all of it is working perfect. the seam line doesn't bother as I am used to it from the X box 360 (this game is much better on the pc as they fixed all the glitches and problems I had from the 360~.~).

Also I think with my graphics cards being a little dated it wouldn't help with the seam lines much. They Are good just old I'm working on trying to find a new one with more shaders and such as hair looks a bit strange but not enough to bother me^.^

-Again Thank you so much- CK<3

I really appreciate all the help from be for I could not have done ti with out you But Sadly I must ask for help ounce again~.~ I found A nice armor I like and dwonloaded it but sadly it came with no instructions of installing just a link to the origional of the mod that had even less info I will post links in here for you.

Mod I want http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26812

Mod this is well a mod of http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26812

I downloaded both hoping it would come with the magical read me I needed but sadly it didn't~.~

If you could help me to install this I would appreciate it so very much<3

-Thank you so much- CK

This Exnems mod is this for females only or is it for males as well? I was told to use it for my companion Mod Stroker to get rid of that stupid loincloth he wears. When I first installed him I had roberts body makeover od and I think it conflicted since Stoker had no face. So I am a bit scared to try to dl any other mod that might mess him up.

Im trying to back up my data folder before I dl any other body modiciation and it it says its going to take 27 minutes to copy it Yikes!!

Exnems I trust I need to knw if it will get rid of the underwears on males?