a door at niben bay problem...glitch?

zmajcek

Hi,

I started quest a door at niben bay but after I speak with dude in that room nothing happens...he walkes to wall i think is door there and he just stands also i loose player controls so i cant doo nothing(not even open inventory) and im stuck on chair...pls help i would like to enter shivering isles soon and finish this qust :)

thx for replay your the best :P

I also had the same problem and I was told to reload a saved game and try again. You could try it too but I don't remember if it worked for me. If it doesn't work for you you could try using console.

First silly question - what version of the game are you running? If not 1.20416 update it.

Second silly question - Are you running a no disk crack? If yes, don't. They're borked more often than they work. Expect Problems.

Thirdly - Check the UESP wiki for quest stages to jump around. I'd link it but I can't from work. Please note, this is really unlikely to fix it if theres an issue with your game, and is far more likely to create more problems later on.

Fourthly - Get the SI Unofficial Patch if you don't already (again, I can't link it from work - Damn websense -but its available on the Nexus file servers) as this fixes an almost uncountable number of bugs and glitches that Beth didn't.

Jenrai

im runing oblivion collector edition fresh instal no mods jet ...patched ob on version 2 no patch jet for SI also not using any crack for no cd...im runing game on laptop thats why im using 3d analyze for grafic render maybe this could be issue as i understannd on that point should be some kind of cinematic that doesnt launch

Dunno the collectors edition... if its the same as the Game of the Year edition the patch installs when you install Shivering Isles from disk 2.

Hmmm. The shader... might be the issue, but I doubt it. See if you can obtain any newer drivers for it whilst we're playing bug hunt. ;)

Jenrai

If backing up to an earlier save doesn't work, the console commands are sort of complex. I am not exactly sure what will help you. Here are some possibilities:

Set SE01WaitingRoomREF.playgroup forward 1

EnablePlayerControls

Set SE01DoorScript.goAway to 0

Set SEHaskillREF.leavevar to 2

Setstage SE01Door 200

in console mode click on the walls of the room and enter the code:

Disable

Player.MoveTo SEJailMarkerParentTamriel

Player.MoveTo SEPasswallMapMarker

Maybe there is something here in this mixed bag that would work.

The collector's edition does NOT contain SI or any DLCs. And it does need to be patched.

A door in Niben Bay is the lead off quest for SI. So you will need the SI patch and NOT the Oblivion patch.

If you already have patched with the Oblivion patch, you may have to reinstall to allow the SI patch

Here is the link to my complete reinstall, with instructions on how to preserve all of your mods, saves and other settings.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Here is the link to my patch advice

Bben's Patch Advice

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=327