Game not finding my textures

Yamcakes

I made retextures of all the tapestries and paintings in-game. I placed them in the correct folders in my data/textures/clutter/ upperclass-lowerclass-paintings, etc.

Nifskope recognizes the textures just fine. In game, only the default tapestries are shown. They are named correctly, and there are no new meshes using different paths in my data/meshes folder, which is the only thing I can think of that might be a problem.

If your just retexturing existing meshes, you won't need to change the models, just the texture. So that shouldn't be a problem. Only thing I can think of if they show in Nifskope and not in-game, is if you didn't delete everything before data/textures/clutter.

When checking in Nifskope you texture path will be something like C:My computer/games/Oblivion/data/textures/clutter, to make it look right in the game you just want data/textures/clutter. This will make the model in Nifskope look white with no textures, but when you play they should show up. :smile:

Also, if you're just switching out like for like, you'll need to invalidate the BSA records of the same files. Archive Invalidation Invalidated is good. OBMM is better. Alternatively, do it old school and create a text document named Archive Invalidation in your Oblivion folder, and add the names of all the files you're wanting to replace from the BSAs (so your new files, pretty much) to it. Might take a while, that one.

PS- What are your textures? I've been meaning to find some good ones for a while. ;)

Jenrai

I've just downloaded archiveinvalidationinvalidatedasit seems the safest route, and finishing up my last few tapestries and paintings for shivering isles.

I've been using all sorts of fantastic tapestries, and artwork by users on deviantart, as well as well known artists like luis royo, alan lee, frank frazetta, and various googled art. And so you see, I don't think I'd have the rights to release it to anyone. I'll take a screenshot in the CS later. There are so many beautiful works of art, it will really make oblivion a better experience. :'P

regular paintings

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/Freedomward_Dove/Mod%20Thingies/TESConstructionSet2010-02-1110-07-4.jpg

si paintings

darker frames are dementia, lighter are mania's.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/Freedomward_Dove/Mod%20Thingies/TESConstructionSet2010-02-1110-02-5.jpg

some, and not even half of the tapestries.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/Freedomward_Dove/Mod%20Thingies/TESConstructionSet2010-02-1109-58-2.jpg

I havent done the guild/castle tapestries yet. I am working on those currently.

And thank you for all your help, they're working now.