Question about Music files

Murlock99

It is hard to answer your question. If you go to search tool bar and type "music", you'll see more than 10 various music packs from KOTOR, to Stalker OST's, music from artist like Jeremy Soule, etc... They've been around for over than a year. I'm assuming that they've honestly purchased the songs before uploading (usually you can tell by the quality of the song files but it can still be uncertain). If the song mods been sticking around for so long, I guess it is okay for you upload them? I'm unsure though. You might want to stick around in this thread for a while to get the right answers from the right people.

ANY and ALL music uploaded should be either created by YOU personally, uploaded with specific, in writing from the author or label of that song, or be covered under a creative commons type license. Most of the music that you would likely want to use from your own collection is copywritten, so cannot be shared legally. Just because an upload has existed for a period of time does not mean that it is necessarily legal, or indicative of policies as they might relate to you. When in doubt, just assume that it's something that is illegal to upload.

I had a discission with Mr. Budah (a moderator) about this very thing. What he told me is that as long as the songs are over 50 years old, then there shouldn't be a problem. If they are newer then that, the download will be removed and the uploader could be banned (short of the details outlined by vagrant0). There was some discussion of allowing an exterior link to a sight that might allow such files to be downloaded, but the descision hasn't been made yet, at least it hasn't been made to me.