Custom Posters/Decal/Logos Help please

FuzeTek

ok so I've done some Texturing for FO3 and its not too bad, But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make posters or decals.

I'm doing a Resident Evil 2 TC and I want to make Decals I guess you would call them of like the biohazard and the Umbrella logo ect ect.

I want to be able to make parts invisible so it looks like the umbrella logo is painted on the wall without a border.

Can anybody please help me with this I've searched all over the net for a tut but they're all for armor it seems. I appreciate it in advance!

I use Photoshop for texturing. Not sure if GIMP works the same way.

To make a decal or poster with irregular edges I create a new image as a blank. It should appear as a white and light grey checkerboard showing that it is transparent. Then I create a new layer that is 100% opaque to make my image. Making a poster look old is easy this way, as you can start with a rectangle and cut jagged tears in it. You can also airbrush your poster to look dirty and faded easily because it will not overspray onto the first layer. Once you are satisfied with the look of your poster, then flatten the layers and convert the file into a .dds file that Fallout 3 recognizes. NVidia makes a .dds converter plugin for Photoshop. The area around your poster should remain transparent.

Find some poster NIFs and Textures and unpack them from the default BSA files. FOMM works well for this. You can use Nifscope to view your new textures on the vanilla NIFs to make sure that they look good. Fallout 3 often places several posters on one texture that are then referenced to several different meshes. I followed this convention, so that I could minimize the number of files needed to add to my mod.

Once you find meshes that work for you, locate them in the GECK and save them as new items with unique names. Create a textureset with your new images and apply that textureset to your new poster items. Place the new items with the GECK and check them out in game.

Yea its not working for me, flattening the image turns the background white and white shows up ingame. Creating an alpha dosent work either so I dunno. I'm using Photoshop CS3 maybe thats got something to do with it