The Super-Duper-Mart Overhaul

Murlock99

SUPER DUPER MART OVERHAUL 1.0:

Hey I am going to keep a report on my new overhaul mod which turns the abandoned super duper mart near megaton into a proper buy/sell shop but first I need to get some answers.

1.Is their any texture mod that would suit the super duper mart?

2.Is their anyone here volunteering to give a hand in clearing out and doing lighting on the mod?

3.If Heyadrian views this thread would you be able to make some sounds for the mod ?

4.I will be deleting the spawn points for raiders inside the mart, if there is some objection about this I will sort something out that will suit everyone.

That is all I can think of now and I will be hopefully doing some work on it tommorow

My email adress is [email protected]

Cheers,

Murlock99

I will continue to update

I am downloading G.E.C.K now

If anyone wants something in the mod please just post here.

Adrian has viewed this post. He is unclear of what kind of sounds you would like for the mod, he wants to know specifically what you're looking for, unless you tell him, he won't be able to help you. And yes, he is willing to help you with the sounds under one condition, you release a beta version of it first to ensure it is not just a "all talk and no work mod".

I will need some 50s jazz songs (please post some links)

I will need some modern day shopping noises (ie.door openings

I think you misunderstood me, I do not simply give away my sound files that I've worked on. I will only share it and distribute them to you when you release a beta.

SUPER DUPER MART OVERHAUL 1.0:

4.I will be deleting the spawn points for raiders inside the mart, if there is some objection about this I will sort something out that will suit everyone.

How about triggering the changes to the mart after the raiders are cleared out? The mart is one of the first places I go when starting a new game with Moira's Wasteland survival guide quest.

rickerhk's idea is great! I've read about some other mod project yesterday, which enables you to be a travelling merchant, buy brahmins, hire mercenaries and so on... What about merging those two into one mod?

The idea: after gaining enough experience as a merchant (and enough caps ;)), you hire the mercenaries to clean up the Mart for you, so you can restore it and make it your own shop.

That's just an idea of course...

And if you don't want to play as a merchant, you will be always able to just go in the Mart, kill all the Raiders and restore the shop.

Two pathways to doing it might make it more fun. Tell me what do you think :)

How about triggering the changes to the mart after the raiders are cleared out? The mart is one of the first places I go when starting a new game with Moira's Wasteland survival guide quest.

This would be the only way to do it, as the Super Duper Mart is one of the quests in probably the best quest chain in the vanilla game. It would not mess up anything if done this way, and would put some life into the otherwise barren wastes.

If the place is really cleared out permanently, wouldn't it be in conflict with a lot of the major mods like MMM, FWE, FOOK, etc... All of these clearly adds quick re-spawn points into the area. Raiders would show up in 3 days...