Mod armor having all red textures

Suffix

I i installed Scavanger Armors and all the armors are solid red except for a few things on the armor such as grenades and a machetes ( this also happens to alot of other mods i install, Usually just bits and pieces of the object are solid red). I tired re downloading and installing the mod many times but every time its the same. Also i have fallout GOTY installed to program files (x86) on windows 7. And i installed the S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Mod and all textures show up fine.

Can some one please help me fix this id would appreciated it very much.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t58/Gotti__01/1red.png

Front

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t58/Gotti__01/1red1.png

Back

Those are some examples. And i tried toggling archive invalidation.

I've never seen such a problem before, usually it's just a missing or miss placed mesh or texture file that causes a red exclamation mark. I can't think of any possible solutions at the moment. There's a possibility that it has to do with Windows 7 and how the mod author created the meshes and textures. I have PM the mod author for you, he might be able to answer and solve the problem.

hahahah those pictures were taken in the GECK, it just does that, go in game an they will have textures applied correctly if you installed the mods correctly. GECK isn't really the best way to test renders of items, it's not even a good preview. So long as what you created didn't crash the geck then you should proceed to test in-game.

find us a link to the mod so we can check out what's in it.

Normally what happens is if a texture is missing the game engine will just apply random textures to it. Like a shotgun with a nuka cola machine texture applied to it. What you have is that the texture is applied but your grapics card isn't rendering it for one reason or another.

It could be these textures were made with photoshop, which makes them invisible when viewing with some programs. Photoshop is just an example. It depends more on how they made them. It could have been GIMP, Paintnet, Mspaint who knows. Textures get encoded (compressed) into DXT-1 DXT-2 DXT-3 an so on depending which are just different versions of DXT encoding to get a desired result. A DXT image is the same image as a non-DXT the DXT just uses less video card memory to access it (performance) Some duffus skiners think for some reason that the larger the texture is an not encoding it makes it look better which is probably true up to a point. DXT doesn't change how a texture looks though just how the video card can access it. It's a compression language just for grapics cards. Anyhow this creates a large grey area on how textures should be done coupled with the 10 or so different programs you could use to create textures an even further from being able to use the converter to go to an from .DDS format.

Paintnet will open an edit in .DDS in realtime. You don't need a plug in or converters. So to speak since it's a free program an loads quick. It might be your best bet to go get paintnet, just to open these textures, to see if they are displayed correctly.

Then it could be oh wait duh

hahahah those pictures were taken in the GECK, it just does that, go in game an they will have textures applied correctly if you installed the mods correctly. GECK isn't really the best way to test renders of items, it's not even a good preview. So long as what you created didn't crash the geck then you should proceed to test in-game.

Normally what happens is if a texture is missing the game engine will just apply random textures to it. Like a shotgun with a nuka cola machine texture applied to it. What you have is that the texture is applied but your grapics card isn't rendering it for one reason or another.

It could be these textures were made with photoshop, which makes them invisible when viewing with some programs. Photoshop is just an example. It depends more on how they made them. It could have been GIMP, Paintnet, Mspaint who knows. Textures get encoded (compressed) into DXT-1 DXT-2 DXT-3 an so on depending which are just different versions of DXT encoding to get a desired result. A DXT image is the same image as a non-DXT the DXT just uses less video card memory to access it (performance) Some duffus skiners think for some reason that the larger the texture is an not encoding it makes it look better which is probably true up to a point. DXT doesn't change how a texture looks though just how the video card can access it. It's a compression language just for grapics cards. Anyhow this creates a large grey area on how textures should be done coupled with the 10 or so different programs you could use to create textures an even further from being able to use the converter to go to an from .DDS format.

Paintnet will open an edit in .DDS in realtime. You don't need a plug in or converters. So to speak since it's a free program an loads quick. It might be your best bet to go get paintnet, just to open these textures, to see if they are displayed correctly.

Ohh... I think you have just saved the day. :thanks: That should be the right answer. I wasn't able to correctly answer because I've never done GECK modeling before. Hope that answers your question and solves it too. Kudos to mechine.

Thanks i thought something was wrong the whole time.