Tax mod

Signette

It's a common issue that you don't have any means to spend your gold at some point and thus there's no real reason to earn it.

I think creating something like taxes is a good solution for that. Charge Drgonborn for all property he owns, especially for house from Hearthfire DLC, tax on horses, you name it. Also housecarls don't get paid from Dragonborn, they only live in his house, where do they earn money to eat if they sitting in his house all day or following him in his journeys? Make Dragonborn pay special fee for having a housecarl to local province government, making it look like housecarl getting paid from province budget.

Assign tax collector haunting Dragonborn (like curier) every ingame week or so and demanding payment. If Dragonborn can't pay right now, you can delay once, if he comes next day and our hero still can't pay, have him to persuade or intimidate tax collector (speech test), if Dragonborn can't pay for the third time he gets crime bounty on him which is x1.5 or x2 of original payment or serve his time in jail (maybe with option to confiscate property with ability to buy back).

There also could be light, normal and hardcore versions of mod affecting amounts of taxes.

I actually tried to assembe something of a sort, but since I have very little modding experience, I wasted lots of hours and few day and failed every time... Nothing worked properly. If someone with good knowledge of modding could create something like this, I bet it would be pretty awesome.

I agree, this is a great idea. Perhaps it would be better incorporated into an existing immersion mod? Unfortunately, there are not a lot of 'economy' mods out there, but it would also work as a standalone mod. It always annoyed me that the DB gets a 'free-ride' as it were throughout the entire game, and later on when he\she is literally swimming in septims, DB does not have to pay a thin dime in taxes or maintenance or upkeep, anything.

I mean, even heroes have to pay their taxes, government gratitude will only get you so far, you might get a new titie and the key to the city, but still gota pay them taxes....

What I would do in such a mod, if the DB became delinquent, I wouldn't place a 'bounty' on him, but rather, if he keeps evading his bills, I would set up a script to send him directly to the holds jail until he pays up. And Id even bill the DB for his jail time.

That would be even better if integrated in some economy mod with present features. Also there could be lots of new ideas to improve and add some new stuff from community.

While ago I stumbled upon some Skyrim economy overhaul mod with tax features IIRC which I couldn't download and test for some reason, now I just can't find this mod...