What miss in Oblivion

LordWushin

The top thing I miss in Morrowind must be the damn cool "You n'wah!" :biggrin:

Of course there are more, funny awesome quotes. Those would remind you that you're indeed in Morrowind, the ancient home to the Dunmer.

i kind of miss the whole 3 types of daedric helmets in morrowind.. if you went to the todd test room using the coc console command in morrowind you found a chest with every armor piece in it and there you could have your choice... in oblivion the daedric helmet closely resembles the face of terror and the overall look of daedric armor in morrowind.. looked much more demonic for lack of a better word... the daedric bow looked cooler with the addition of the screaming face on the bow. in oblivion the glass armor has a freshly waxed look to it. i guess that is a decent summary of what i miss. while i love oblivion and all the elder scrolls games they seem to be slowly degrading... cant wait to hear if they decide to make a tes 5!!!

You would think that Bethesda would have scripted each of the Imperial cities in the same manner as the MW factions. Surely they have a beef with each other, or with big bro IC. You can brainstorm hundreds of quests that are city against city.

I miss being able to enchant arrows. What else are petty and common sould gems for???

Also, why can't bethesda issue a MW patch to make it compatible with Oblivion, so you can just walk across the border if you have bothgames loaded?

I agree with all comments in prior posts, but most of all, the barter system! ...and levitation! ...and acrobatics and jump meaning something!

there is a mod for it. i cant remember what the mod is called but it makes you able to have just oblivion installed and put this mod in and it will open up the borders and texture skyrim, morrowind, black marsh, and hammerfall.

I miss the transit system...it allowed for getting around the world quickly without feeling like you're essentially cheating yourself as with "Fast Travel".

I miss the bizarre nature of the place...though SI brought that element to Oblivion pretty effectively.

I miss never feeling like I had played the game out, whereas I'm starting to feel like I've exhausted Oblivion.

I miss the sense that even at high level, there were places that I could get myself into trouble...Oblivion is certainly not that in Vanilla.

I miss not having every quest spoon fed to me step by step.

I miss how small you felt when you started Morrowind, compared to Oblivion that starts you in the biggest place there is.

I miss Ordinators.

I miss the way the mythos behind the story was so interwoven with the worldspace. Oblivion had to invent the invasion to bring that "supernatural" element to a land that as been said "is very European".

I miss how just about any NPC could be important for something...Oblivion has plenty of NPCs who could be used for something, but just end up dying along a road somewhere.

There was something a little scarier about the underground caves in Morrowind they had. Those guys with the scooped out eyeballs scared me and them and their caves were always so depressing and sad. Them running around barefooted armed with nothing but a club and they couldn't even see! I kinda miss those guys. I can't remember what they were called but it was sad when they thought they heard their God talking to them. I felt sorry for them and yet was scared of them at the same time.

I think Morrowind had a better scary element to it and better caves than Oblivion has. The cult weirdos in Oblivion are a little high class to me in a way.

I miss levitating, too.

I miss levitation, but I guess it was a gamebreaker...

I am really upset about unarmored, though. I really wanted to do a monk type of character in Oblivion. No armor, no weapons, just hand to hand and touch based destruction spells.