Rebuilding the Fallout world

JackTrenton

In order, from most to least in important:

1. Memory of scriptures

2. Active Christianity in Rivet City

We can do without christianity in the future.

Superstition and dogma have no place in a fledgling society.

It's funny that people think a steel mill is of any importance.

You have no idea what steel is used for, nor what its widespread use allows.

"Iron and steel are used widely in the construction of roads, railways, infrastructure, and buildings. Most large modern structures, such as stadiums and skyscrapers, bridges, and airports, are supported by a steel skeleton. Even those with a concrete structure will employ steel for reinforcing. In addition to widespread use in major appliances and cars. Despite growth in usage of aluminium, it is still the main material for car bodies. Steel is used in a variety of other construction materials, such as bolts, nails, and screws.[67] Other common applications include shipbuilding, pipeline transport, mining, offshore construction, aerospace, white goods (e.g. washing machines), heavy equipment such as bulldozers, office furniture, steel wool, tools, and armour in the form of personal vests or vehicle armour (better known as rolled homogeneous armour in this role)."

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel#Uses

Considering that the Enclave is the single faction capable of producing material in the Capital Wasteland, the Pitt is highly valuable to whoever holds it, it being capable of resupplying an army with ..... ammunition.

One of the plot holes in fallout 3 is where, after 200 years, all the ammo is coming from ....

Furthermore, with the sophisticated tools and equipment that may be built with steel, the quality of life of the average wastelander may be improved ....

Unless you want them to build central heating, or pipelines, or medical facilities out of rocks ....

After reading the first post, I had planned to make a comment. But you saved me the hour it took to type it.

cp

"Iron and steel are used widely in the construction of roads, railways, infrastructure, and buildings. Most large modern structures, such as stadiums and skyscrapers, bridges, and airports, are supported by a steel skeleton. Even those with a concrete structure will employ steel for reinforcing. In addition to widespread use in major appliances and cars. Despite growth in usage of aluminium, it is still the main material for car bodies. Steel is used in a variety of other construction materials, such as bolts, nails, and screws.[67] Other common applications include shipbuilding, pipeline transport, mining, offshore construction, aerospace, white goods (e.g. washing machines), heavy equipment such as bulldozers, office furniture, steel wool, tools, and armour in the form of personal vests or vehicle armour (better known as rolled homogeneous armour in this role)."

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel#Uses

Considering that the Enclave is the single faction capable of producing material in the Capital Wasteland, the Pitt is highly valuable to whoever holds it, it being capable of resupplying an army with ..... ammunition.

One of the plot holes in fallout 3 is where, after 200 years, all the ammo is coming from ....

Furthermore, with the sophisticated tools and equipment that may be built with steel, the quality of life of the average wastelander may be improved ....

Unless you want them to build central heating, or pipelines, or medical facilities out of rocks ....

After reading the first post, I had planned to make a comment. But you saved me the hour it took to type it.

cp

Nicely done.

I was also wondering about how they're generating power, (I skimmed I admit it! Did I miss something?) and why so much broken glass in all the homes, glass can be made with sand and lightening, surely they have welding equipment, if they're making steel, any metal is going to be hugely valuable. I've only gotten the game this week, so I'm totally noob about the whole game lore, so forgive me if I'm being a dolt!

Agreed on axing religion

The church of atom and the church of saint maria always get axed (sometimes auto-axed. lol) in every game I start.

The wasteland, as in real life would be a very sad place indeed if people were only good because of fear of punishment, or reward after death, as I'm sure Threedog would agree being as He is the G.O.D. (Grand Oral Disseminator) of truth in the wasteland.

Anyhoo,

I would likely use the geck on its own probbably while stood (on second thoughts id get fawkes to do it, you will know why if you have ever activated it lol.) the sunken boat in the middle of the potomac basin, sod the puny tidal basin.

or combine maria's immunity somehow with Project purity in the style of the FEV story

But anywayz im getting off subject.

My order given the choices would be

Harold - Trees mean the landscape could hold the water purified by the PP in the first place

marie - between her and moiras new Radaway people could start to concentrate on thriving rather than just survivng.

Purity - there are already purifiers on a smaller scale in game.

Mill - still important but ore is needed so it is only a temporary thing. unless I guess people started taking scrap to sell at the pitt

(might be a way to get the greedy raiders to give up their guns by offering a guns for jet deal, lol)

While thinking this all over someone should do a quest mod where you can take barrels of Aqua-pure to the oasis to speed things up.