Please Help: Crash

asjerath

Hi there folks

Im new to the FO3 modding and I need serious help with this. I dled many mods in fo3nexus and instaled them. Here is the list:

Anchorage.esm

Fallout3.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Tankless Flamer.esp

enhancedsnipersandsilent.esp

TIS-1.esp

GrenadeLauncher_functional.esp

TeslaRifle.esp

Accurate_Guns_v202.esp

ArmGum_Mod.esp

AnchorageGaussRifleVATSFix.esp

ArmMinigun_v1.0.esp

ArmLaser_V1.0.esp

ArmFlamer_V1.0.esp

CD Area 51 WHAT.esp

M4A1_Carbine.esp

M4A1_Carbine_No_Stats_Change.esp

Anchorage_M4_support_no_stat_change.esp

ACE2-1b.esp

ZL-SVD.esp

Point lookout new uniques.esp

Sprint Mod.esp

ActionPointBasedPipboyCloakingAddon.esp

Owned.esp

NAPA.esp

Total active plugins: 28

Total plugins: 50

Some stuff doesn't have .esp but sincerely I dont remember everything.

The problem is: When I face enemies the game gets too slow, almost frozen. Impossible to play. First time that happened when I invaded Megaton's Armory. Then near Megaton with some molerats/ bees. Enemies inside Vault 101 didnt pose any problems.

I played vanilla on Ultra High Quality with no problem.

Doen anyone got any clues about what kind of mod could generate a problem like that? Please help me...Im really clueless right now :(

I wanted to have those perfect and funny modded FO3 like we see around here, but I cant figure what I could be doing wrong. And yes, I used archiveinvalidation software.

Regards,

asjerath

How many hours have you been playing until it gets laggy? Have you tried to replicate the problem? Test it again by starting a new game, then look for some combat. If it's smooth with a new game then it's something to do with your save game.

Thanks for the reply.

First time happened the first time i got to megaton armory. And then when you exit megaton and go round-left near a bridge.

I tried disabling mods through FOMM, but nothing changes at all. Perhaps the problem is with FOSE, but before removing and restalling everything again, I tried coming here ask for help.

Thank you very much!

In the last year the only problem I had with FOSE was that I had the wrong version for the patch I had, which the new FOSE covers all the patches pretty much. Double loading a save game seems to speed up the gameplay on the second load.

It's not any of your mods. So that only leaves how well your system is set up, an how clean your fallout 3 install is. Like I'll get the computer system working smooth on a fresh install, update everything, then install fallout 3, update it, tweek the settings an configs.ini files from what the tweekguide said, go test it again, install the DLC, tweek it an test again. Then install mods after that. Use FO3edit to Merge patch it, fix the merge patch, fix the load order, master update it. An play..

Then after I have played for a bit. I'll use Paintnet to resize all the textures in the data/textures folder in best quality super sampling @ 96 pixels per inch based off how large the raw data size is for the texture and how big it is actually in game Hand sized small, building sized big, then also the process makes sure defuse maps (base textures) get mip maps encoded, with the whole thing being compressed in DXT-1 if there is no alpha, DXT-5 if there is. Mostly I only DXT-3 my own normal maps that I created. I also don't mipmap normal maps. I've checked them an they look good, but some texture gods told me it was better to let the system refresh them.

DXT is a compression language for grapics cards, so that less video card memory is used when it's accessed. The only reason I do all this is because the player made textures are mostly way too huge, and as a quality control method reguarding the DXT and mip map encoding. But you really won't have to worry about this until you get mods like MMM an FOOK2 just to give an example. With the main point of doing all the hard work being so that those 100 NPC's in a area of the wasteland won't cause laggy framerates, but still look just as high res as before in-game.

A quick example of this is if you take a 512X512 texture map an resize it to 1024X1024, you lose quite a bit of the sharpness of the image. You can sharpen it but it's still not going to look that great. On the opposite end, if you take a 2048X2048 texture map, an resize it down to 1024X1024 99% of the detail is still there (the mesh wraps it around the shape no matter what the size is) Also it will gain a bit of sharpness in the resize. Then the performance boost from having the raw data size now at 1/4 to 1/2 the size it used to be, an also knowing for sure that it has mipmaps and in DXT.

lol forgive me! I didnt understand half things you explained :S

I remember installing the mod of hi res textures....perhaps with MMM it may overload the game...My system runs very well the vanilla game, but something this wicked may need something adjusted, eh?

Ill try reinstalling aain and putting just MMM, sprint, something to change those horrible girls and TONS of weapons :)