4gb Patch Not Working

sadvillain

Downloaded the 4gb mod this morning but can't seem to get it to work. I placed both the required files into the game's directory yet when i run the .exe which is supposed to launch new vegas nothing happens. My cursor spins as if it's loading something but then stops after a few seconds :/

1) Run it as admin, add an exception to your antivirus for it.

2) Try to read the readme or search the forum thread.

3) It works fine with NVSE and loads it by default, you don't need the old broken one from NVSE page.

Edited by RoyBatterian

1) Run it as admin, add an exception to your antivirus for it.

2) Try to read the readme or search the forum thread.

3) It works fine with NVSE and loads it by default, you don't need the old broken one from NVSE page.

i've tried running as admin as well, i'll try to add an exception once i figure out how :)

okay, added an exception to my anti virus and just restarted my pc. Now i get another error lol when i try and open it up i get two errors.

"the procedure entry point _BinkCopyBufferRect@44 could not be located in the dynamic link library

C;\Users\PC\Desktop\exes\FalloutNV.exe

and after that i get a pop up that simpley says "access denied"

Edited by sadvillain

Copy the FNV4GB.exe and fnv4gb_helper.dll to the New Vegas Installation directory. Point the steam shortcut you created to the exe you just copied, not the one on your desktop.

There is a link to an installation video in the Updated version's description page located here http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?

Copy the FNV4GB.exe and fnv4gb_helper.dll to the New Vegas Installation directory. Point the steam shortcut you created to the exe you just copied, not the one on your desktop.

There is a link to an installation video in the Updated version's description page located here http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?

just reinstalled the game completely and tried the link you game me; i put it in the games directory but it still gives me the same error except with an updated location.

the procedure entry point _BinkCopyBufferRect@44 could not be located in the dynamic link library

(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe

i'm guessing this is a windows 8.1 problem since i've seen compatibility issues on the forum as well. i've noticed when i launch fnv4gb it creates an "exes" folder which has a FalloutNV.exe in it which also gives me an error when i click it.