How do I use destruction?

yoyoguy678

uh... Try reading the read me's to start with. Destruction probably needs another mod which you don't have in order for it to work. If it crashes before it gets to the main loading screen it's usually a red flag that means the load order is messed up. Running mods on Fallout isn't as easy as other games. It's not like super complex perse, but there is a certian amount of work you have to do.

You should probably start out by reading the pinned topics on installing mods with DLC, an even the QQ QA (quick question quick answer) threads. Pinned topics are at the top, an the QQ QA is somewhere around here. When I run into a crash before load screen at launch, what I usually do is try loading the whole load order with FO3edit, which will display what is going wrong (and causing the crash)

Also you should have a plan. You can't really just download an install 255 mods an then expect it to work. It would take about 2 weeks working everyday all day just to fix a whole load order like that. So a good plan would be to download an install them one at a time. Installing, fixing, and then seperated by hours of testing an gameplay. Only to go download an install, then fix more mods. You should view the mods as either being huge overhawl, very complex, or just simple tiny mods. Huge overhawl mods I.E. with sizes ranging from 50Mb to 300Mb or even more like FOOK2, MMM, 20thcentury weapons, STALKER, UFP. Then something which is complex may not be a very large size at all, infact it may be tiny, but was created in such a way that makes it a rather complex running mod I.E. if you know that people are having a lot of problems with them, or if there is stuff in the read me which suggests that great care has to be taken in order to install. Then the simple tiny mods would do stuff like change one thing, add one weapon or a few weapons, these tiny .esp can usually be loaded in any order an stilll work.

The reasons why is because it takes the same amount of work to fix a huge overhawl mod, as it takes to fix about 60-80 simple tiny mods. And you wouldn't want to do all that work at the same time. So it's a good time to split up the work so that you will end up getting more game play time while it's being built, while also ensuring higher quality work from being fresh an being able to focus. Take the complex mod for example, I know it's going to be hard work, so I'll install, an fix that as one job. Installing it on a already known good load order. Anything large or complex is going to be quarantined in my work, ensuring that trying to fix it doesn't drive me insane because it's seperated in the work load by large periods of game play.

Start out by getting vanilla fallout 3 to work well (vanilla as in no mods) Get it, vanilla (plain) Like take what I do for an example. I will format harddrives (which erases everything) then start building fallout by having a really clean install of windows. To which I add only the things needed in order to run 3D games. When I get the system running good enough. I'll install fallout 3, then I'll patch it, then I'll set all the grapics, then I'll use the tweekguide to set grapics further, then I'll run a test game RAOTW (random a**hole of the wastes) which is just a random charicer which I created in order to test out the build. Make one an run around taking note how smooth it runs an try to make it crash. Once all that is smooth, I'll install the DLC's an do it again (yeah they're worth it) After I have the vanilla game, then DLC content added running smooth. I now have a known good base build to start installing mods on. See what I mean, it's a plan.

uh... Try reading the read me's to start with. Destruction probably needs another mod which you don't have in order for it to work. If it crashes before it gets to the main loading screen it's usually a red flag that means the load order is messed up. Running mods on Fallout isn't as easy as other games. It's not like super complex perse, but there is a certian amount of work you have to do.

You should probably start out by reading the pinned topics on installing mods with DLC, an even the QQ QA (quick question quick answer) threads. Pinned topics are at the top, an the QQ QA is somewhere around here. When I run into a crash before load screen at launch, what I usually do is try loading the whole load order with FO3edit, which will display what is going wrong (and causing the crash)

Also you should have a plan. You can't really just download an install 255 mods an then expect it to work. It would take about 2 weeks working everyday all day just to fix a whole load order like that. So a good plan would be to download an install them one at a time. Installing, fixing, and then seperated by hours of testing an gameplay. Only to go download an install, then fix more mods. You should view the mods as either being huge overhawl, very complex, or just simple tiny mods. Huge overhawl mods I.E. with sizes ranging from 50Mb to 300Mb or even more like FOOK2, MMM, 20thcentury weapons, STALKER, UFP. Then something which is complex may not be a very large size at all, infact it may be tiny, but was created in such a way that makes it a rather complex running mod I.E. if you know that people are having a lot of problems with them, or if there is stuff in the read me which suggests that great care has to be taken in order to install. Then the simple tiny mods would do stuff like change one thing, add one weapon or a few weapons, these tiny .esp can usually be loaded in any order an stilll work.

The reasons why is because it takes the same amount of work to fix a huge overhawl mod, as it takes to fix about 60-80 simple tiny mods. And you wouldn't want to do all that work at the same time. So it's a good time to split up the work so that you will end up getting more game play time while it's being built, while also ensuring higher quality work from being fresh an being able to focus. Take the complex mod for example, I know it's going to be hard work, so I'll install, an fix that as one job. Installing it on a already known good load order. Anything large or complex is going to be quarantined in my work, ensuring that trying to fix it doesn't drive me insane because it's seperated in the work load by large periods of game play.

Start out by getting vanilla fallout 3 to work well (vanilla as in no mods) Get it, vanilla (plain) Like take what I do for an example. I will format harddrives (which erases everything) then start building fallout by having a really clean install of windows. To which I add only the things needed in order to run 3D games. When I get the system running good enough. I'll install fallout 3, then I'll patch it, then I'll set all the grapics, then I'll use the tweekguide to set grapics further, then I'll run a test game RAOTW (random a**hole of the wastes) which is just a random charicer which I created in order to test out the build. Make one an run around taking note how smooth it runs an try to make it crash. Once all that is smooth, I'll install the DLC's an do it again (yeah they're worth it) After I have the vanilla game, then DLC content added running smooth. I now have a known good base build to start installing mods on. See what I mean, it's a plan.

I know all of this, and I have read the readme about half a dozen times, and I have tried loading the game with only the DLC's checked and the mod, but it still crashes on start up.

Is destruction mod the one that allows most static items to be destroyed? The crashing can be due to wrong load order, would you mind posting yours?

Sure I just reinstalled and just used auto sort to get everything together, also When I fight someone or when a npc moves instead of walking or running they skate (or slide rather). How do I fix this?

[X] CrossModData.esm

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] 18inchCSLatinMachete.esp

[X] Targeter.esp

[X] ZL-SVD-CALIBR.esp

[X] 1alexscorpionsnipergear.esp

[X] kikaiEquipment.esp

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] Tsurugi2handed.esp

[X] krax-cannibal.esp

[X] Lawbringer Boutnies Ver1.1.esp

[X] Dinnerblaster.esp

[ ] GreenWorld.esp

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] Abbreviated Effects.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] Hairday.esm

[X] Destruction.esm

[X] CRAFT.esm

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (Vendor).esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (NPC_Settler).esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (Raider).esp

[X] NoKarmaCannibalism.esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (RivetCity).esp

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] StreetLights.esm

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm

[X] CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp

[X] CALIBRxMerchant.esp

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - No Drug Visuals.esp

[X] AsharasBatmanItems.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Radioactive Rain and Snow Plugin.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp

[X] 3EFdrgplate.esp

[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex.esp

[X] sunglassescollection.esp

[X] Sharing and Caring Companions.esm

[X] InvisArcadeIndustries_SweetSneak.esp

[ ] NoInvisArcadeIndustries_SweetSneak.esp

[ ] Devour Gore.esp

[X] Fellout-Full.esp

[X] Fellout-Anchorage.esp

[X] Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

[X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack - Vendor Script Replenish.esp

[X] Destruction - Main.esp

[X] 2nd Home at Tenpennys [Engl].esp

[X] Destruction - Main - Statics.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack - Blank's Container Patch.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack - Vanilla Big Guns Fix.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack - Anchorage Gauss Rifle Fix.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack - Zeta Drone Cannon Fix.esp

[X] KH_223EX.esp

[X] KH_FWE Fixes.esp

[X] KH_FWE Tweaks.esp

[X] KH_NoAmmoWeight.esp

[X] KH_MMM override.esp

[X] Destruction - DLC.esp

[X] ZL-SVD.esp

[X] Destruction - DLC - Statics.esp

[X] MTC Wasteland Travellers.esp

[X] Tactical Weapons by gRs Frederyck.esp

[X] MTC Wasteland Travellers (Optional)- Crowded Cities less NPCs.esp

[X] MTC Wasteland Travellers (Optional)- Crowded Cities.esp

[X] Project Beauty.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Main.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Main - Statics.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] DIK.esp

[X] RRWastelandPosters.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] DIK - Statics.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Mothership Zeta.esp

[ ] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Mothership Zeta - Statics.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (Brotherhood_Outcast).esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (Vault 101).esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (Chinese Ghoul).esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (SuperMutant).esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

[X] CrossModData.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - UFP Support.esp

[X] 20th Century Weapons.esm

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Lvl 30 High Skills.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Lvl 30 Balance.esp

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced.esp

[X] KH_FWE Hellfirefix.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional No Fast Travel.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Free Play After MQ.esp

[X] RRCompanionVault.esm

[X] RR_Refurbished.esp

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Realtime.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Harsher Wasteland.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Worn Weapons.esp

[X] Akira - Simple Silenced SMG.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

[X] Alien Armor.esp

[ ] WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp

[ ] WeaponModKits - FWE Optional Worn Weapons.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun.esp

[X] Makes Sense Bounty Hunter 0.91.esp

[X] Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp

[X] EVE.esp

[X] ActionPoses.esp

[X] ZetaAlienSuits.esp

[X] RR5MoreMales.esm

[X] RR5MoreFemales.esm

[X] EVE - FWE Master Release.esp

[X] EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp

[X] EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] 20th Century v4 ALIVE (Talon_Regulator).esp

[X] EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp

[X] EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - CFW.esp

[X] Destruction - CP - Fellout.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - XFO.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No DLC Increased Spawns.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Floaters.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Geckos.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Ghoul Raise.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Size Scaling.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Skeleton Decay.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Wanamingos.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Increased Spawns.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Reduced Wasteland Spawns.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

[ ] BigPaw's Better Cannibals v1.2.esp

[X] Fellout-SOTD.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK2.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK2 - DIK.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE with EVE.esp

[X] Spartan Armor.esp

[X] Star Wars Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

[X] F3UmpaAnimation.esp

[X] The Groovatron.esp

[X] NAPA.esp

[X] Owned!.esp

[ ] FO3 Wanderers Edition - FOOK Support.esp

[ ] FWE - FOOK DLC Support.esp

[X] MPammo.esp

[X] CrossRepairArmor.esp

[X] VashDeagleV5.esp

[X] RRGuards.esm

[X] Moshman's Wasteland Ambiance.esp

Yeah well that's what you get when you dump 200 mods into a Data folder in a days time. We feel your pain. You're problem isn't the mods or even fallout. It's that you didn't have a plan when you started making your build besides the plan of downloading a bunch of stuff an then installing it.

I'm not being mean that's just how it is.

Let's start with the order an go from there. Which would be following the old rules for load order an not really how players with a lot of experience modding fallout play it anymore. Once you get enough practice you don't need rules anymore.

[X] Fallout3.esm

Always goes at the very top, followed by the DLC in the order that the DLC came out. Then other .esm in the order from what the read me said. Then all the little tiny .esp mods which just add a few things, only grouped together, armor with armor, perks with perks, weapons with weapons. Those little ones can be in any order. Then the large mods which are going to overwrite just about everything before them which is also large. Take UFP it touches on everything, if you load FOOK after it then more than half that stuff is going to be overriten. Anyhow depending on what you didn't want to be overwriten you would load that last. Read-me's come in handy for this.

All your .esm are spread out, so you are going to figure that the system will auto sort them in the correct order, which isn't the case, although it will load .esm before .esp automaticly the order of that is random at best. So first thing when you create a new load order is to find all the .esm an move them up to the top. Which is one of the primary uses of FOMM (fallout mod manager)

Also you have mods in the load order that you are not using, which just makes it harder, if you are not going to use it don't install it, you only want the stuff you are going to use in there, or put the stuff which you are not going to use right now (which is a bad idea) at the very bottom unchecked.

Okay I'm done, that's all I can say. Because you load order is in such a mess that I can't even read it in order to give you a guide on how to move things or remove things so that it will work in it's current condition. I don't think anyone else can fix it either. It's the biggest mess I've ever seen. I understand what happened, but you have to understand that it would take you two weeks working everyday in order to fix this load order. While also because you may not know the things you would need to know in order to do that until you have already fixed it. The end result after two weeks worth of working every day all day, is that it doesn't work, and is now randomly corupt across the whole load order.

I hope you have learned you lesson. Which is don't delete the .RAR an .ZIP files you downloaded, because you don't really want to wait to download them again, plus you may need to reinstall, plus you may need to go back to the read me later. You should only delete the .RAR an .Zip archives you download when you know that they need to be updated. Also keep them in a folder named something cool like Downloadz, then in there a bunch of seperate folders to break them up. Armor, weapons, vaults, clothing, animation, and so forth so there isn't a folder with 200 mod archives in it, you know so you can find stuff later on.

Now your best bet would be to un-install fallout 3, delete the folder for it as well, then clean your Registry, purge the temp folders in your system, which would best be done with a program like norton 360, an also making sure the windows prefetch folder gets purged. But you would need Money for norton, an big $$$ at that, so it's not the only way to do it, just the correct way. You could just un-install an hope that you don't run into problems later on, or cross that bridge when you get to it.

Once it's all deleted. You would want to make sure that all your drivers are current. BIOS, Chipset, Grapics, Direct X, Audio to name a few. Then you would need to have GECK, GECK 1.5 update, FOMM, FOSE, FO3edit, Fallout 3, Fallout 1.7 patch, DLC's ready to install.

*next page*

You're better off installing fallout 3 to it's own folder on the hard drive rather than inside program files. I have my windows system files an everythign else on the C:/ harddrive, then I install any game on the D:/ raptor drive, to seperate the two. The default path for installing is C:/program files/bethesda softworks/fallout 3 Which most player will change to C:/bethesda softworks/fallout 3 in order to avoid windows placing security risks on fallout 3, like windows will do for anything installed in program files.

FOMM, GECK, FO3edit, and FOSE get installed in bethesda softworks/fallout 3 (the folder which has the data folder in it) At this point you won't be launching the game via FOMM or FOSE, just the default launcher or auto run from placing the disc in the drive.

You would also need a updated copy of GFWL (games for windows live) installed, and a user account so that you can log into GFWL. If you wanted to launch the game right after you installed. Error Xlive.dll blah blah blah, yeah that's because you don't have GFWL. There's also a hotfix patch GFWL needs so that it will work with windows. But FOMM will launch the game via FOSE if it detects it, which disables GFWL.

At any rate get fallout to launch, get to the menu screen an then exit. Download the 1.7 patch at either nexus downloads, or at the bethesda softworks fallout 3 main site, or if you had GFWL running then let it update the game to 1.7.

Once it's updated to 1.7, launch the default launcher, an then set all your grapics settings there, when you get done with that, tweek the config.ini files located at my documents/games/fallout 3 Use the tweek guide to learn what to do an change @ http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html make good choices depending on your system. Then when you are done, start a RAOTW game (randowm A**hole of the wastes) a randomly created charicter that you only use to run around crazy like in order to test how well fallout 3 is running. Try to make it crash, doing crazy stuff really fast, or be a psycho an work out some of that anger you now have from all this hard work. You want to minimize frame stutter, micro stutter, mouse lag, and also make sure all the audio is working well, it's a good time to fix any audio problems which can be done via the radio stutter thread here on nexus forums. Check the pipboy radio, the NPC's voice, then the music. Work out any performance problems you notice, until it looks great an runs smooth.

Once you get that done, install the DLC's, then change settings an tweeks with the tweekguide again with another RAOTW charicter, doing many of the same things you did before, so you know that it's running just as good as it was. Try to have fun, it's a random charicter.

*next page* *burp*

Okay so after you get some play time, delete those save games. Start downloading mods you want to use, but place them in folders. Like mentioned above. Basicly up to the point you are just getting a known good an tested vanilla version of fallout 3, which is the base of how well it will run later on after 200,000 mods you install. 3 different types of mods for your plan. A huge mod like FOOK2, FWE, MMM, UFP, Distruction, ect (you know the ones which take a long time to download) Then the very complex mods like WMK, BLTC, RiPrimaryNeeds, ect (the mods which you know are complex because so many people have problems with them) Then tiny small mods which only add one thing or a few things. Something like that.

Well it takes the same amount of time to fix one of those really huge mods, as it takes to fix about 60-80 tiny simple mods, and also is just as hard as fixing one of the complex mods (even if the complex one is tiny). So what you do is make a plan at this point. Large mods use Auto-installers for the most part. Thanks to the windows installer... But those will blindly overwrite any vanilla content (replace) Where manual installed mods usually hand picked, you get to pick an decide what gets replaced. So to speak you need to decide which way you would rather do it. Install the auto installers, then overwrite those with mods that are manual an hand picked. Or install manual mods then overwrite them with auto-installers. Because in either case you could be replacing high quality content with lower quality.

I tend to lean toward installing auto-installers first, then if I need to overwrite something I'll check an see which one is better. Mind you this is just for the vanilla replacer content, but you would be surprized at how much of this there is in a general fallout build. Once you have made your decision. Do them in groups. One large mod at a time, or 60-80 tiny simple mods. Then you would use FO3edit to fix the load order. It will show you sort of how to place things. You'll want to start with getting a generic order following the old rules you find in read-me's. If FO3edit will load the whole load order then Fallout will load it too. After you have the generic order. Launch the game via FOMM, if it will get to the loading screen you are good. Now load the whole load order in FO3edit, wait for it to say finished. You'll want to create a merge patch (for all the lists) but it's a semi-automated process. Once you get the merge patch created, you save it, an then load the whole thing again, and fix the conflicts in the merge patch top to bottom. You're better off at making the entries match rather than deleteing any entry, but you can delete part of a entry if needed, just not the whole entry. Use the Web-ensized FO3edit guide to learn how to use FO3edit in a handy interface as you go rather than reading 200 pages of stuff you probably dont' need. Web-ensized FO3 guide by CSB @ http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9616

After the merge patch is fixed, load the whole load order, and starting at the top fallout.esm work your way top to bottom fixing any conflicts. Back up all your .esm an .esp before, select them in windows, copy, create a backup folder an paste, also backup as you go, incase you make a mistake, because you will. You can use drag an drop an copy paste to fix things. However sometimes things can't be fixed by the normal means which is where overrides come in. Which is safe to use if you seperate the override into what it is that they do rather than having too many mods added as master to your override. Which can cause a landmine to go off that would ruin the whole load order. Yeah back up an save often. For sure save right before you change something you don't know how to fix yet. Overrides would load after the merge patch, and also if you changed the order in any way you would need to create a new merge patch. Overrides would look like OverrideScripts.esp, OverrideWeapons.esp, OverrideArmor.esp, OverrideFood.esp you see split up so that no one has very much content in it or uses many mods in order to create.

Once you have the whole load order fixed, which at this point in your plan is either a huge mod or few huge mods, or just the 60-80 simple mods it might take a day or two to fix, but that's a Heck of a lot better than two weeks. Since it's fixed at this point, go in game an play an have fun for a while. Or Run a RAOTW test an tweek some more, the important thing is to get some much needed playtime. Don't forget to apply archive invalidation invalidated, toggle it on with FOMM before you play. Toggle it once an forget about it. Then also master update the load order with FO3edit as the last step before you start playing (master restore before you make changes later on)

Once you get bored, or you are ready to keep working. Download a single huge mod, or single complex mod, or those 60-80 simple mods, install those before your overrides, then delete the merge patch, make a new merge patch, then start at the top an work your way down the whole list fixing everything again. Hence one at a time. It took me two days to fix FOOK2 working all day. That was installing FOOK2 into a load order of about 80 small mods. But you get the idea. Work, play, work, play, work, play rather than work work work work which doesn't even work well at the end when it's play time. Slowly over a period of a few weeks or months you'll have the same load order you wanted. Only it actually works.

*next page*

Then just don't auto save, or quick save, or use the continue button. Press Esc an create a new save game each time. Then don't delete any save games until you are ready to delete them all. It's risky to add or remove mods in already created save games, but not so much a risk if you are only adding mods to the save game. Load your save game rather than continue, an also if you load it twice it runs faster, if you blow your self up or spin the camera around or fast travel. Like load a save game, blow yourself up, or fast travel somewhere, or spin the camera around an then load the same save game again (double load) it can avoid certian issues while also making fallout run faster/smoother.

You'll need to PCB running around in the wasteland, which you can do by entering a door into a cell, open the console ~ type PCB (purge cell buffer) then turn around an go back out the door to force a reload of the cell only with a cell buffer ready for max performance. You can also use Groovatron to do this when out in the desert an there are no doors. Press X to place a teleport marker, press X again an teleport to the total black room, then ~ PCB, watch the poopy data flow by, press X teleport to the total white room, spin the camera around, then press X an teleport back to the place you were standing only forcing the reload of the cell an having the cell buffer ready for max peformance. It's two miles across from end to end in the wasteland, on a hightmap of an available 10 mile by 10 mile area. So yeah the cell buffer gets full of useless data.

Read the pinned topics on nexus forums, an also the articles on nexus downloads, keep learning...

You're better off probalby forcing AA an AF via the grapics card driver, with the default fallout launcher settings for AA an AF at off (performance) You get much higher quality AA an AF at any setting from setting it as a global on the grapics card control panel "override any application setting" than you can get inside the default launcher. I could run SLI 32XQ AA an 16AF from overriding it on the card, while a setting of 2X AA an AF in the launcher was nasty quality with anything higher causing lag. SLI 32XQ AA an 16AF didn't lag at all. But realisticly you really only should need around 2X for both AA an AF when it's forced, so long as it looks good.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o294/eiffU/ScreenShot3.jpg

I know all of this, and I have read the readme about half a dozen times, and I have tried loading the game with only the DLC's checked and the mod, but it still crashes on start up.

Foolish, don't lie to me. I'm a gamer too. You don't think I can't take one look at that load order an tell that you don't know pfft, yet?

Foolish, don't lie to me. I'm a gamer too. You don't think I can't take one look at that load order an tell that you don't know pfft, yet?

What do you expect? I just reinstalled the game and didn't have any time to sort the load order myself, I have read the guides on the forms and I know that the Main file and the dlc's go first then then esm's I was just wondering what the best loadorder for these mods would be.

Yeah well that's what you get when you dump 200 mods into a Data folder in a days time. We feel your pain. You're problem isn't the mods or even fallout. It's that you didn't have a plan when you started making your build besides the plan of downloading a bunch of stuff an then installing it.

I'm not being mean that's just how it is.

Let's start with the order an go from there. Which would be following the old rules for load order an not really how players with a lot of experience modding fallout play it anymore. Once you get enough practice you don't need rules anymore.

[X] Fallout3.esm

Always goes at the very top, followed by the DLC in the order that the DLC came out. Then other .esm in the order from what the read me said. Then all the little tiny .esp mods which just add a few things, only grouped together, armor with armor, perks with perks, weapons with weapons. Those little ones can be in any order. Then the large mods which are going to overwrite just about everything before them which is also large. Take UFP it touches on everything, if you load FOOK after it then more than half that stuff is going to be overriten. Anyhow depending on what you didn't want to be overwriten you would load that last. Read-me's come in handy for this.

All your .esm are spread out, so you are going to figure that the system will auto sort them in the correct order, which isn't the case, although it will load .esm before .esp automaticly the order of that is random at best. So first thing when you create a new load order is to find all the .esm an move them up to the top. Which is one of the primary uses of FOMM (fallout mod manager)

Also you have mods in the load order that you are not using, which just makes it harder, if you are not going to use it don't install it, you only want the stuff you are going to use in there, or put the stuff which you are not going to use right now (which is a bad idea) at the very bottom unchecked.

Okay I'm done, that's all I can say. Because you load order is in such a mess that I can't even read it in order to give you a guide on how to move things or remove things so that it will work in it's current condition. I don't think anyone else can fix it either. It's the biggest mess I've ever seen. I understand what happened, but you have to understand that it would take you two weeks working everyday in order to fix this load order. While also because you may not know the things you would need to know in order to do that until you have already fixed it. The end result after two weeks worth of working every day all day, is that it doesn't work, and is now randomly corupt across the whole load order.

I hope you have learned you lesson. Which is don't delete the .RAR an .ZIP files you downloaded, because you don't really want to wait to download them again, plus you may need to reinstall, plus you may need to go back to the read me later. You should only delete the .RAR an .Zip archives you download when you know that they need to be updated. Also keep them in a folder named something cool like Downloadz, then in there a bunch of seperate folders to break them up. Armor, weapons, vaults, clothing, animation, and so forth so there isn't a folder with 200 mod archives in it, you know so you can find stuff later on.

Now your best bet would be to un-install fallout 3, delete the folder for it as well, then clean your Registry, purge the temp folders in your system, which would best be done with a program like norton 360, an also making sure the windows prefetch folder gets purged. But you would need Money for norton, an big $$$ at that, so it's not the only way to do it, just the correct way. You could just un-install an hope that you don't run into problems later on, or cross that bridge when you get to it.

Once it's all deleted. You would want to make sure that all your drivers are current. BIOS, Chipset, Grapics, Direct X, Audio to name a few. Then you would need to have GECK, GECK 1.5 update, FOMM, FOSE, FO3edit, Fallout 3, Fallout 1.7 patch, DLC's ready to install.

*next page*

You're better off installing fallout 3 to it's own folder on the hard drive rather than inside program files. I have my windows system files an everythign else on the C:/ harddrive, then I install any game on the D:/ raptor drive, to seperate the two. The default path for installing is C:/program files/bethesda softworks/fallout 3 Which most player will change to C:/bethesda softworks/fallout 3 in order to avoid windows placing security risks on fallout 3, like windows will do for anything installed in program files.

FOMM, GECK, FO3edit, and FOSE get installed in bethesda softworks/fallout 3 (the folder which has the data folder in it) At this point you won't be launching the game via FOMM or FOSE, just the default launcher or auto run from placing the disc in the drive.

You would also need a updated copy of GFWL (games for windows live) installed, and a user account so that you can log into GFWL. If you wanted to launch the game right after you installed. Error Xlive.dll blah blah blah, yeah that's because you don't have GFWL. There's also a hotfix patch GFWL needs so that it will work with windows. But FOMM will launch the game via FOSE if it detects it, which disables GFWL.

At any rate get fallout to launch, get to the menu screen an then exit. Download the 1.7 patch at either nexus downloads, or at the bethesda softworks fallout 3 main site, or if you had GFWL running then let it update the game to 1.7.

Once it's updated to 1.7, launch the default launcher, an then set all your grapics settings there, when you get done with that, tweek the config.ini files located at my documents/games/fallout 3 Use the tweek guide to learn what to do an change @ http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html make good choices depending on your system. Then when you are done, start a RAOTW game (randowm A**hole of the wastes) a randomly created charicter that you only use to run around crazy like in order to test how well fallout 3 is running. Try to make it crash, doing crazy stuff really fast, or be a psycho an work out some of that anger you now have from all this hard work. You want to minimize frame stutter, micro stutter, mouse lag, and also make sure all the audio is working well, it's a good time to fix any audio problems which can be done via the radio stutter thread here on nexus forums. Check the pipboy radio, the NPC's voice, then the music. Work out any performance problems you notice, until it looks great an runs smooth.

Once you get that done, install the DLC's, then change settings an tweeks with the tweekguide again with another RAOTW charicter, doing many of the same things you did before, so you know that it's running just as good as it was. Try to have fun, it's a random charicter.

*next page* *burp*

Okay so after you get some play time, delete those save games. Start downloading mods you want to use, but place them in folders. Like mentioned above. Basicly up to the point you are just getting a known good an tested vanilla version of fallout 3, which is the base of how well it will run later on after 200,000 mods you install. 3 different types of mods for your plan. A huge mod like FOOK2, FWE, MMM, UFP, Distruction, ect (you know the ones which take a long time to download) Then the very complex mods like WMK, BLTC, RiPrimaryNeeds, ect (the mods which you know are complex because so many people have problems with them) Then tiny small mods which only add one thing or a few things. Something like that.

Well it takes the same amount of time to fix one of those really huge mods, as it takes to fix about 60-80 tiny simple mods, and also is just as hard as fixing one of the complex mods (even if the complex one is tiny). So what you do is make a plan at this point. Large mods use Auto-installers for the most part. Thanks to the windows installer... But those will blindly overwrite any vanilla content (replace) Where manual installed mods usually hand picked, you get to pick an decide what gets replaced. So to speak you need to decide which way you would rather do it. Install the auto installers, then overwrite those with mods that are manual an hand picked. Or install manual mods then overwrite them with auto-installers. Because in either case you could be replacing high quality content with lower quality.

I tend to lean toward installing auto-installers first, then if I need to overwrite something I'll check an see which one is better. Mind you this is just for the vanilla replacer content, but you would be surprized at how much of this there is in a general fallout build. Once you have made your decision. Do them in groups. One large mod at a time, or 60-80 tiny simple mods. Then you would use FO3edit to fix the load order. It will show you sort of how to place things. You'll want to start with getting a generic order following the old rules you find in read-me's. If FO3edit will load the whole load order then Fallout will load it too. After you have the generic order. Launch the game via FOMM, if it will get to the loading screen you are good. Now load the whole load order in FO3edit, wait for it to say finished. You'll want to create a merge patch (for all the lists) but it's a semi-automated process. Once you get the merge patch created, you save it, an then load the whole thing again, and fix the conflicts in the merge patch top to bottom. You're better off at making the entries match rather than deleteing any entry, but you can delete part of a entry if needed, just not the whole entry. Use the Web-ensized FO3edit guide to learn how to use FO3edit in a handy interface as you go rather than reading 200 pages of stuff you probably dont' need. Web-ensized FO3 guide by CSB @ http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9616

After the merge patch is fixed, load the whole load order, and starting at the top fallout.esm work your way top to bottom fixing any conflicts. Back up all your .esm an .esp before, select them in windows, copy, create a backup folder an paste, also backup as you go, incase you make a mistake, because you will. You can use drag an drop an copy paste to fix things. However sometimes things can't be fixed by the normal means which is where overrides come in. Which is safe to use if you seperate the override into what it is that they do rather than having too many mods added as master to your override. Which can cause a landmine to go off that would ruin the whole load order. Yeah back up an save often. For sure save right before you change something you don't know how to fix yet. Overrides would load after the merge patch, and also if you changed the order in any way you would need to create a new merge patch. Overrides would look like OverrideScripts.esp, OverrideWeapons.esp, OverrideArmor.esp, OverrideFood.esp you see split up so that no one has very much content in it or uses many mods in order to create.

Once you have the whole load order fixed, which at this point in your plan is either a huge mod or few huge mods, or just the 60-80 simple mods it might take a day or two to fix, but that's a Heck of a lot better than two weeks. Since it's fixed at this point, go in game an play an have fun for a while. Or Run a RAOTW test an tweek some more, the important thing is to get some much needed playtime. Don't forget to apply archive invalidation invalidated, toggle it on with FOMM before you play. Toggle it once an forget about it. Then also master update the load order with FO3edit as the last step before you start playing (master restore before you make changes later on)

Once you get bored, or you are ready to keep working. Download a single huge mod, or single complex mod, or those 60-80 simple mods, install those before your overrides, then delete the merge patch, make a new merge patch, then start at the top an work your way down the whole list fixing everything again. Hence one at a time. It took me two days to fix FOOK2 working all day. That was installing FOOK2 into a load order of about 80 small mods. But you get the idea. Work, play, work, play, work, play rather than work work work work which doesn't even work well at the end when it's play time. Slowly over a period of a few weeks or months you'll have the same load order you wanted. Only it actually works.

*next page*

Then just don't auto save, or quick save, or use the continue button. Press Esc an create a new save game each time. Then don't delete any save games until you are ready to delete them all. It's risky to add or remove mods in already created save games, but not so much a risk if you are only adding mods to the save game. Load your save game rather than continue, an also if you load it twice it runs faster, if you blow your self up or spin the camera around or fast travel. Like load a save game, blow yourself up, or fast travel somewhere, or spin the camera around an then load the same save game again (double load) it can avoid certian issues while also making fallout run faster/smoother.

You'll need to PCB running around in the wasteland, which you can do by entering a door into a cell, open the console ~ type PCB (purge cell buffer) then turn around an go back out the door to force a reload of the cell only with a cell buffer ready for max performance. You can also use Groovatron to do this when out in the desert an there are no doors. Press X to place a teleport marker, press X again an teleport to the total black room, then ~ PCB, watch the poopy data flow by, press X teleport to the total white room, spin the camera around, then press X an teleport back to the place you were standing only forcing the reload of the cell an having the cell buffer ready for max peformance. It's two miles across from end to end in the wasteland, on a hightmap of an available 10 mile by 10 mile area. So yeah the cell buffer gets full of useless data.

Read the pinned topics on nexus forums, an also the articles on nexus downloads, keep learning...

You're better off probalby forcing AA an AF via the grapics card driver, with the default fallout launcher settings for AA an AF at off (performance) You get much higher quality AA an AF at any setting from setting it as a global on the grapics card control panel "override any application setting" than you can get inside the default launcher. I could run SLI 32XQ AA an 16AF from overriding it on the card, while a setting of 2X AA an AF in the launcher was nasty quality with anything higher causing lag. SLI 32XQ AA an 16AF didn't lag at all. But realisticly you really only should need around 2X for both AA an AF when it's forced, so long as it looks good.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o294/eiffU/ScreenShot3.jpg

Ok since you can't figure out crap about me here is what happened.

Due to the walking glitch I had to reinstall, and just so you know I have put more then 200 hours into this game so I know pretty damn well what the mods are supposed to be sorted like, and after reinstalling I just put them in there and was going to sort them later, and asked on the fourm what the best loadorder for them would be. Not to have some idiot telling me I don't know crap about the game and mods and teaching me crap I already know.