Stuttering while in combat only

Harabec Weathers

Hey there. I have Oblivion GOTY edition and recenetly installed it after a hard drive format. Im using no mods at all, have the latest patch and all my settings are set accordingly to my rig capabilities. Game runs great, however an odd problem ive never enocuntered before has surfaced. While im in combat, and in combat ONLY, the game starts to stutter. Doest matter what Im in combat with, just as soon as I start fighting, the gaem begins stuttering. Its not too severe but its definately noticable.

Anyone encountered something like this before? Stuttering only while egnaged in cambat?

The second I leave combat it stops. Ive never encountered something like this before.

EDIT: I had an idea that maybe the game music may have been the culprit, I turned the music volume all the way down but it didnt help. Still stutters when I enter combat.

EDIT: Crap I just looked up my sound card driver. I ahve SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD audio and my driver date is 1/16/2007 i think ive definately found my problem.

Oblivion doesn't do well with integrated sound. The sound steals both RAM and clock cycles from the game causing things like that. A cheap sound card can do wonders for your game. Meanwhile, try disabling the sound altogether, there is a setting in the Oblivion.ini for that. Also, see this site for tweaking the game to work better, it mentions the setting to disable sound.

http://www.tweakguides.com/