Screen recording

Sniperwhere

Well, I want to film an arena battle of WoW to show to a friend who's been wanting to see how I fight on one of my characters, but the built in thing I do use is a piece of junk that locks up my computer for a few seconds while recording, before stopping the film and causing me to lose the fight. Is there a program, preferably free, that will allow me to film during gameplay without locking up or slowing me down?

Well, I want to film an arena battle of WoW to show to a friend who's been wanting to see how I fight on one of my characters, but the built in thing I do use is a piece of junk that locks up my computer for a few seconds while recording, before stopping the film and causing me to lose the fight. Is there a program, preferably free, that will allow me to film during gameplay without locking up or slowing me down?

I can only suggest the few I've used.

Everyone, it seems has heard of or used FRAPS, so I'll mention it on the off chance you haven't already tried it.

If you are playing inside a browser, (I don't play) but if you do, Firefox has an addon called Capturefox.

You can download a 30 day trial of Camtasia Studio.

You can try the open source Camstudio.

That's all I've got..

Edited by myrmaad

Yeah, the free version of fraps (just download it - don't register) should be just fine for what you need.

There'll be a slight watermark, and I think a time limit on the video, but it should work just fine to show off your combat style.

Check the control keys before you load the game though - to make sure you aren't overlapping with ingame controls.