Anyone add their own music to the game?

Naikado2

i go full instrumental for games, no vocals

style depends on the game, for oblivion i like stuff like morrowind sounds or similiar orchestral but moody stuff, nothing too fancy that would distract, fallout gets spacy electronic stuff however without too much melody, those from older fallout games are quite cool imo and fit well

for FPS games i like to listen to stuff like ravi shankar, makes my aim more steady and calms the mind :P

mmorgs get whatever i feel like, anything goes, even vocals... nine inch nails fits quite nicely for example

battle music usually sucks anyway.... gets quite repetetive fast

for work it also depends what i work on, if its a spaceship i listen to space station soma (radio station) for the more common stuff i like wefunk radio (also a radio station)

Generally for battles I like to play folk/viking metal, but for outside and inside I've just replaced it with some more interesting classical music, that just gives the game a better feel.

Although, while we're on the topic of music, I really feel that it's not really utilised enough throughout the game. Music is a very important aspect of any game/film, and should be used as a tool to emphasise certain moments/emotions, and provide a better feel for the situation, which really doesn't happen enough =\

IMHO Star Wars soundtracks give the game a more epic feel. John Williams is a talented composer with the ability to make the listener feel the music, not just hear it. There are plenty of songs to choose from, with tempo for every situation.

;D I even released a Star Wars music pack on the nexus once, but it got pulled really fast! ;D

here's what I use:

super mario bros original theme for the starter

legend of zelda majora's mask tracks for ambient music

final fantsy three and seven battle music

Assassin's creed town tracks

invader zim theme song on death

an the original oblivion dungeon and success tracks

IMHO Star Wars soundtracks give the game a more epic feel. John Williams is a talented composer with the ability to make the listener feel the music, not just hear it. There are plenty of songs to choose from, with tempo for every situation.

AGH why haven't i tought of that before...i'll add the "A new hope" theme right now! And the duel of fates, and the victory march .....arrgh i 've got chills just from thinking of these tracks..JOHN WILIAMS IS THE MAN!

Other than that, i've just got the right hardware and software to make my own recordings. Soon i'll listen to my own shred 'n dropped rifs while smasing around bandits :)

I used to like final fantasy so pasted the battle theme in my battle folder, plus other stuff from final fantasy. it turned out really to be annoying in the end. I've also used other music from RPGs such as kingsfield. I wished I'd backed up the old music as I deleted it by mistake! I do compose my own music, but nothing I've done seems to match the amotsphere :whistling: