cant use mods...again

yungskiz

so ive had this issue before, and i fixed it...now its back, and my old fix isnt helping.

long story short, even if a mod is checked, in FOMM, NMM, and the vanilla launcher it will not show up in new or existing games.

the previous time it started with a loading screen replacer, this time it may be one of two (or a thousand unforeseen) things.

last time i fixed it by deactivating all my mod packages in the package manager screen of fomm, and reactivated them one at a time until the issue returned. the mod at fault was the advanced recon thermal night vision. for whatever reason it broke, i used it fine since it was released, then SHTF

anyway i found out there was a non FOMM version, which i installed, however i also installed a cross-hair replacer, since then i have re-downloaded the mods to see what files they added and i have deleted them from my data folder and no trace of the two mods remain, but i still cant use mods, so the issue is somewhere else, and i have no packages running at all, only new vegas and an alternative start mod so i can determine immediately if its still broken

i have played FNV on this machine since it was released, ive had some crazy issues over the years, but there has always been a fix, this one baffles me

Any ideas before i try a reinstall?

so my issue has not been solved, if someone has any advice for future issues in the same vein then by all means let us know.

my advice to anyone coming across this is to backup your data files and do a fresh install.

im currently going to do a fresh install, i just uninstalled FNV and nuked all my mods, some of which i can no longer obtain, but on the bright side, my data folder was just short of 100gigs, i was NOT kidding when i said ive played nv since it came out, ive seen every mod, and ive downloaded a good chunk, many of which i never used, hence my data folder being huge....im highly considering NMM, although fomm is my preferred manager, simply so i can uninstall mods...